(Past) AMV Contest Lists - Site Has Moved

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
TaranT
Org Profile

(Past) AMV Contest Lists - Site Has Moved

Post by TaranT » Sat Jan 18, 2003 3:46 am

For anyone who has linked to this site or put it on his/her favorites list, please note the new address by going to the link in my sig.

Background: my one year account at FeaturePrice came due yesterday and they terminated it without even a "Fare thee well!" or a "Would you like to continue your service?" No big deal. This new site should do as well even though it has a very low allowed-bandwidth.

EarthCurrent
Org Profile

Post by EarthCurrent » Sat Jan 18, 2003 6:38 am

The perpetuation of the NDK6 typo...it's Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. :?

ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu
Org Profile

Post by ZeWrestler » Sat Jan 18, 2003 8:54 am

nice job with the contest list. you really do your hw.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music~Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo Gaming Corporation

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Sat Jan 18, 2003 1:03 pm

earthcurrent wrote:The perpetuation of the NDK6 typo...it's Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. :?
That's easy to fix....
ZeWrestler wrote:nice job with the contest list. you really do your hw.
Thanks!

melezov
Org Profile

Thanx!

Post by melezov » Sat Jan 18, 2003 6:40 pm

I just wanted to thank you for all the hard work in putting that massive list together.

It's truly great to have something that useful around!

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Sun Jan 19, 2003 3:32 am

I wish it could be more complete, but I don't have the time to chase down every contest. There are too many of them these days.

ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu
Org Profile

Post by ZeWrestler » Sun Jan 19, 2003 2:50 pm

true, thats very unfortunete. maybe if you advertised your list a bit with people, they could submit you the results of what went on at cons.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music~Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo Gaming Corporation

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Tue Jan 21, 2003 1:43 am

ZeWrestler wrote:true, thats very unfortunete. maybe if you advertised your list a bit with people, they could submit you the results of what went on at cons.
I've mentioned the lists here before, but I'm intentionally holding back since I want to filter any information that comes in. One of the goals here is accuracy and I'd rather have no data than bad data. (This is in contrast to the database's participation lists which range from incomplete to useless.) My preferred sources are contest organizers and con Web sites. Notes from attendees are great, but I will attempt to validate somehow.

At the same time, I don't want to get too anal about this. This is not my life's work. :o

ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu
Org Profile

Post by ZeWrestler » Tue Jan 21, 2003 7:05 am

My preferred sources are contest organizers and con Web sites
The people like the contest organizers are the ones I ment you should advertise with.

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Thu Jan 23, 2003 1:10 am

Good point. A few emails to the right people wouldn't hurt.

Return to “AMV Contests”