Are you people anime Purist?

leathelanime
Org Profile

Are you people anime Purist?

Post by leathelanime » Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:37 pm

You know what im talkin bout....If one frament of the original work is changed you start to bitch-and-moan.....I bring this question up cuz of one of my friends (Who is a purist)allmost had a nervous breakdown Cuz America Is changing the name to the CB flick....There changing it to Cowboy Bebop:The Movie Instead of KOTHD....He started to slam his hands on the table and then he said "I Hate Americans!" (he is an american...) "I wish i were japanese so i wouldnt have to care about shit like this!!!!".He was acting like a real idiot...I dont know about you guys but I realy dont care if they change scripts and stuff for anime (as long as it is a good change)

Well are you guys purist and if you are....do you over-react like my bud here?

bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:45 pm

I don't think a simple change in the name is something to bitch about.

but if they totally ruin the series by editing it all to hell i have a tendency to complain.
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

afleetinghope
Org Profile

Post by afleetinghope » Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:52 pm

Changing a name like that isn't too bad, but changing Rurouni Kenshin to Samurai X is just fucking stupid and deserves a little bit of bitching. :p

Also companies like Media Blasters deserve to burn in hell.

alternatefutures
Org Profile

Post by alternatefutures » Thu Jul 25, 2002 8:25 pm

You're freind should hate the Japanese and leave the Americans alone. Japanese studios are responsible for 90% of the title changes when they're released in foreign markets (Hence, why I call the series "Oh! My Goddess" and not "Ah! My Goddess"). So tell you're baka friend to direct his energies elsewhere and GET A LIFE!

Now, I do prefer my experiance to be as complete as possible, namely because I hated it when Army of Darkness kept on excluding content from the vast myriad of DVDs, so when scenes are ommitted I do get a little teed and unless there's no possibility of a re-release (or I'm just ignorant of the changes) I tend to steer clear of those titles.

alternatefutures
Org Profile

Post by alternatefutures » Thu Jul 25, 2002 8:26 pm

jbone's gonna kill me... I did it twice. I really mean "your"

TheG-Man
Org Profile

Post by TheG-Man » Thu Jul 25, 2002 9:48 pm

I woulnt say im a purest...but i do prefer the translation, weather subed or dubed, be as close to the orginal as posable. But when people go out of thier way to change the content of the show, like the did with CCS, then i tensd to get upset about it :)
"I never get to have a coherent train of thought, so why should any one else?" Milly, http://www.ozyandmillie.org/

leathelanime
Org Profile

Post by leathelanime » Thu Jul 25, 2002 11:22 pm

Hey fleet Japan made Usa change the name to The kenshin Oav's.....Its not our fault you know

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Thu Jul 25, 2002 11:55 pm

No name changes can be annoying as hell...

Like Kare Kano, was originally going to be called "The Tales of Ridgemount High" <---or something similar to that effect.

I would screem bloody murder for giving Kare Kano that name..

Now Bebop on the other hand. It is a Bebop movie. I would prefer it to remain Knockin' on Heaven's Door(BTW that's KOHTD not KOTHD), but "The Movie" doesn't sound that bad. Only problem is if another Bebop movie comes out..... "The Movie 2!" <---that would be lame.

~klinky

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Fri Jul 26, 2002 12:17 am

Hey aternatefutures, you also spelled 'experience' wrong. You spelled it with an 'a'. Just saving jbone some trouble =).
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

alternatefutures
Org Profile

Post by alternatefutures » Fri Jul 26, 2002 12:23 am

Stupid question, but where do you get the "T" from in KOHTD?

Return to “General Anime”