My 21st video... my first public one

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
DJ KaKaRoTTo
Org Profile

My 21st video... my first public one

Post by DJ KaKaRoTTo » Wed Jul 24, 2002 10:46 pm

been makin amv's for a LONG time... ever since XDannyPooX released Vegeta's Pride *his vid with Adam's Song, great vid*. Yeah, back then, that used to be high quality. Times have changed and I've been tryin 2 keep up with the new high quality videos, so i bought myself a tv turner card and hooked up my vcr. Now i can finally make amv's with my own original clips and i did. This fast pace vid is really different from alot of the dbz fightin ones out there that most of u enjoy to hate. yes, too many r out there and all are mostly the same technique, but i strived to perfect that n i believe i almost had. the original version of this vid is about 200 megs... i needed all the frames and quality i can get to experience the excitement of this amv. the action never stops and evrythin just continues, its hard to even blink or u might miss something.
the vid is called "The Saiyajin Duel II". It's part 2 cuz i did a part 1 already, which wasnt as fast and heart thumpin as this one... but still kewl. On part 1 i used the Majin Vegeta vs. Goku Battle Theme (Techno Remix), a kewl j-pop song. On part 2, i used a Guitar Freak song that was mixed by a hella good DDR player named "BeMaNiRuLeR". The song is itself is nothing but action, so i thought it would be just perfect for the Majin Vegeta vs. Goku fight, and it was.
i know most of u are just SICK of DBZ videos... and i am too. I'm sick on how a MAJORITY of them suck and how they always seem to be discarded and dissed at. I, for one, LOVE dbz... not as much as some other animes, but it brought into the world of anime as im sure it did for most of you, and i want its name to be cleansed. I know this vid won't help alot, but its a start. Don't get me wrong, there are some tight dbz amv's out there. Dark Kamui proved that and so did Castor Troy and other editors... I just hope this will add on to that.
Now to the release of tha vid... i hav no one to host my vid (10 megs). and as much as i wish it would be uploaded to the public, chances are slim... so i've uploaded into an email.... if u want to watch it... say in this forum or email me at DJxKaKaRoTTox@cs.com I really wish someone could watch it and critique it honestly for me.
The mind bends and twists in order to deal with the horrors of life... sometimes it bends so much it snaps in two....

DJ KaKaRoTTo
Org Profile

*sigh*

Post by DJ KaKaRoTTo » Thu Jul 25, 2002 10:37 am

and got shut down......
The mind bends and twists in order to deal with the horrors of life... sometimes it bends so much it snaps in two....

dbfreek
Org Profile

I shall critique it for you!

Post by dbfreek » Thu Jul 25, 2002 11:09 am

Hi...
You dont know me, and i dont know you, or maybe you do???

Have you Heard of Senpai Productions?
If so, then you know that I am the web guy... I make the site and what not.

I also review all of thirdYrOnin's vids, so I have a clue of what I am doing.

I... am going to submit my-self to watching your vid, now sending an e-mail THAT big is insane.

So, I want you to upload it to my ftp...
If I like it, I will notify you, and host it on a different section of my FTP. Either way, you still get a review.

FTP INFO:
------------
ftp.freekdesigns.com
usr: contest
pwd: senpai
------------

just upload it to the root of the directory (in other words, dun put it in ANY of the folders)

Ok?

Cool Beans...
Let me know when you upload it.

Thank you!
L8rz!
FrEeK This, FrEeK That, FrEeK YOU!!
--==DB==--

TokyoU15
Org Profile

Post by TokyoU15 » Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:08 pm

giving someone who has made a DBZ video hosting is insane.....actually wanting to see yet anotehr DBZ video is insande.
<a href="http://www.senpaiproductions.net">Image</a>
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... =326">View My Profile</a>
The Thrill of The Kill Is Alive and Well!

dbfreek
Org Profile

ROFLMAO

Post by dbfreek » Thu Jul 25, 2002 8:54 pm

C'mon man... you still cant deny the fact that he's an AMV creator.

Besides... it's only 10mb.
Plus I may not like it, and say "The hell with it" and not host it.
--==DB==--

dbfreek
Org Profile

My Review of your vid...

Post by dbfreek » Fri Jul 26, 2002 10:05 am

Ok...
First off, let me tell you that this is one of the "better" dbz vids, b/c there are REALLY shitty ones out there. Fortunately this is "decent".

Now, on to more pressing matters...
Something that I absolutely hate, is having something on my screen that isnt letting me see the clip, or image... your "logo" was in the way of my veiwing, and honestly it pissed me off.

Although you may think it's small and doesnt do much, harm... the bright orange, really distracts me from the actual footage.

As far as quality is concerned...
Not everyone is a thirdYrOnin that puts out awesome quality into 40mb or less, so my standard isnt too high... But taking in consideration that it was a ".wmv", it is mediocre. I know you can do better on a ".wmv", even if you have to boost it to 20mb... it's worth it.

Timing....
Understanding the fact that compression really fucks shit up, I would have to say that your timing was decent. You missed a few que's, and you put slow cut scenes to fast beats... in my book it's a huge "NO NO". My main suggestion for you is... If you cant handle the editing speed, then chose a slower paced song.

Overall...
You did a good job capturing the emotion of the battle. It's pretty climactic, and enphasizes on sayajin power. I give you a thumbs up for that. The flashing white, also adds on to climactic factor.

Now there was absolutely NO storyline.
Eventhough you used this part of the series (goku vs vegeta) you left it right in the middle of battle. You should have atleast eded it with a clip of a final blow, or what COULD be a final blow... NEVER cut it in the middle of battle, unless it's a trailer.

The answer to the question, Will I host your vid... is No.
You have some skills, but you just need to shoot your-self in another direction. Mindless action, isnt exactly an attention getter.

But your on a good track. Keep it up.

L8rz!
--==DB==--

DJ KaKaRoTTo
Org Profile

Post by DJ KaKaRoTTo » Fri Jul 26, 2002 10:37 am

iite, sweet, thanx for the critique. I want to compress it to something around 20 mb... but I don't know which compressor I should use.

I really wasnt looking for a host... but thanks though, i just really needed some review of some sort. That is my only video with no storyline. I would have it, but I don't have all the episodes of that fight unfortunately, I'm waiting for it to show once again on Cartoon Network so I can record it.

Yeah, I can see how the logo was sorta annoying. I just didn't want to show the CartoonNetwork Logo since i move the clips around so much the logo would be moving as well.

Anywayz, thanx a mil. :wink:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”