Badge Contest

danielwang
Village Idiot
Org Profile

Post by danielwang » Thu Jul 25, 2002 12:37 am

no not today dammit... i couldn't be THAT late!!!

actually, the dealine was monday. so my email was sent tuesday morning at around 4,5, or 6 o-clock. but we have to take into consideration time zones. legally in previous cases the time zone of the contest admin is used, so that would be approx 2-4 hours late. however with international participants it usually is GMT... which gave me another hour.

Do we have ANY users heve from jpan? oh commeon...
we ALL are from the same time zoned as phade is? in virginia?

mckeed
Org Profile

Post by mckeed » Thu Jul 25, 2002 8:47 am

welll....its too late now.....since i am leaving right now....i had to resort to other methods to fashion a badge.
"People can not gain anything without putting forth any effort. That is the absolute Truth" - Dante, Full Metal Alchemist

danielwang
Village Idiot
Org Profile

Post by danielwang » Thu Jul 25, 2002 10:18 am

well anyway, Phade is taking his time in selecting a badge for this year.

after all, it's a-m-v.org and it has to show on our members, it better look good. im betting he is printing them again and again under different conditions to ensure that the badge will go the distance in any production situation...

I'm talking to F@$TSIGNS and other dealers to-day about PVC cards... they prolly req.d- a minnie order. If anyone wants to get a pvc card maybe pool together cost for 100-card order? Or maybe phade has something set up alradies. I can print 1000 business cards color that are badge templates, then type in names and lamiate (buy the machine ofcourse), then share the costs... I'm getting them from OfficeMACKS jsut so you know,

Petro
Location: In the Nuclear Blast Zone of Washington DC, Virginia
Org Profile

Post by Petro » Thu Jul 25, 2002 4:25 pm

Phade

Any word on a winner? Some people have already left for Otakon. I need to know if I should just make my own badge and hope people recognize it. ^^;;
My Profile There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Jul 25, 2002 5:45 pm

I think Phade might be kinda busy moving house right now. Well, he's moving soon so I'm guessing this is the reason for his current absence.

MistyCaldwell
Org Profile

Post by MistyCaldwell » Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:25 pm

I'd say, make your badges in whatever style you have. Maybe some people could post a badge style for others to use, and then when the official winner comes in we can use all remake them and use the official ones at cons the rest of the year.

So sorry Phade, not to disrespect your authority to choose a design for your site...but I had to have one just for Otakon.

I have printed out 5 color extras of my style and I could give them to some people at the con. I myself am leaving tonight...right after I take a nap to be exact.

I promise I'll use the winning design when I am at Sugoicon in October ^_^

Petro
Location: In the Nuclear Blast Zone of Washington DC, Virginia
Org Profile

Post by Petro » Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:27 pm

MistyCaldwell wrote: I have printed out 5 color extras of my style and I could give them to some people at the con. I myself am leaving tonight...right after I take a nap to be exact.
Can you post the design on the web so I can see if I can use it?
Thanks!
-Petro
My Profile There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

MistyCaldwell
Org Profile

Post by MistyCaldwell » Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:37 pm

I guess this will disqualify me from the contest Phade is having...but I was not going to win most likely anyway. Ah well.

Alright here is the jpg:

http://www.geocities.com/excel_sagas/otakon.jpg

The psd file zipped:

http://www.geocities.com/excel_sagas/otakonbadge.zip

and an example of how I made mine:

http://www.geocities.com/excel_sagas/misty.jpg

MistyCaldwell
Org Profile

Post by MistyCaldwell » Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:40 pm

Oh , because geocities SUCKS you have to cut and paste those jpg files and right click then "save target as" for the zip.

bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Thu Jul 25, 2002 7:56 pm

why don't you just change the extension to .txt Misty?
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

Return to “Site Announcements”