New school rap/old school hip-hop in Music Vids.?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
AlexG
Org Profile

New school rap/old school hip-hop in Music Vids.?

Post by AlexG » Thu Jul 25, 2002 4:16 am

Hey peeps, I'm new to these boards but I've got a question for everyone to think about. I know rap is rarely used in anime music vids., but it got me thinking that it's a concept that could work with careful planning on the meaning of both the song and the anime.

What do you guys think? :D
~1~ Let the sleepers fly..

imadude
Org Profile

Post by imadude » Thu Jul 25, 2002 5:11 am

i have a vid to the remix of nappy roots aww nah if you want it get to me on yahoo messenger and im thinkin about doin a vid to snoop doggs whats my name

DJ KaKaRoTTo
Org Profile

Post by DJ KaKaRoTTo » Thu Jul 25, 2002 11:05 am

i hav a dbz music vid to tha song "Party Up" by Dmx... it was an ok vid. I would recommend something thats not so... urban. 2pac songs would rock for music vids... cuz most of them hav meanin... plus tha fact that hes just tha best. if ya want... u can im me on aim n see my progress on my rap vid... im usin tha song "Letter to my Unborn Child" by 2pac. Aim s/n = DJ x KaKaRoTTo x. if ur into new rap... try some of eminem's stuff.
oh... and imadude, i think thats a kewl idea 2 make a vid usin Whats My Name... what anime r u gonna b usin?
The mind bends and twists in order to deal with the horrors of life... sometimes it bends so much it snaps in two....

imadude
Org Profile

Post by imadude » Thu Jul 25, 2002 12:11 pm

hmmm ill probbly end up using abunch of animes

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Thu Jul 25, 2002 3:15 pm

I used some old school rap once (Kurtis Blow's 'Basketball' to Slam Dunk footage). It didn't turn to bad I suppose. ^_^

AlexG
Org Profile

Post by AlexG » Thu Jul 25, 2002 7:24 pm

Cool, thanks guys. I'll check out that song, "Letter to my Unborn Child" by Tupac. I dig 2pac cause most of his lyrics have a meaningful purpose which can relate to anime. :)
~1~ Let the sleepers fly..

Return to “General AMV”