Windows Movie Maker sux

Bushido Philosopher
Org Profile

Post by Bushido Philosopher » Wed Jul 24, 2002 11:51 am

well what do expect to get from something that's free??? :?

i mean, if actual good things were free, then this would be one screwed up world wouldn't it?

just save up your money if you want Premiere that badly. if you don't want to pursue AMV making that bad, then i dont know what to tell you other than "too bad for you, get over it". 8)
"Many people want to change the world, but very few even consider changing themselves."
<<A>My Member Profile</a>> <<A>Read my Xanga</a>>

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Wed Jul 24, 2002 1:29 pm

Ko Oh Yoku wrote:i mean, if actual good things were free, then this would be one screwed up world wouldn't it?
well, that all depends on whether you think capitalism is the only way the world can work :P

Rozard
Org Profile

Re: Windows Movie Maker sux

Post by Rozard » Wed Jul 24, 2002 3:49 pm

mexicanjunior wrote:So much WMM hate... :cry:
People need to respect the simplicity that is WMM!!!!
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Wed Jul 24, 2002 8:30 pm

Rozard wrote:
Damn right! :lol:

ErMaC
The Man who puts the "E" in READFAG
Org Profile

Post by ErMaC » Thu Jul 25, 2002 3:44 am

If it wasn't for the output quality issues WMM has, I don't see why people slam it so much. It does most of what you need - albeit I suspect it has trouble opening AVISynth files but I've never tried.

People who think they need Premiere to do everything are just plain wrong. Sh1t, Hsien used to use Ulead Media Studio Pro for everything, and he made some really really kickass videos. Half of my videos could be made using WMM or Ulead or Pinnacle Studio 7. You don't need Premiere for everything... in fact I think sometimes it'd be better if everyone wasn't given the options that Premiere gives them because 97% of the options in Premiere shouldn't be used in a music video (read: snazzy transitions, stupid filters, etc).

Things like the replicate filter. I _hate_ that filter. The only time I've EVER seen it used right is in Shameless Rock Video, every other time I've seen it used it's been trite and detracted from the video.

Premiere is a very very powerful tool, and many of the things it does are truly technically impressive, but most of the time you don't need them. If you gave me a video editing tool that could do multiple tracks with transparency, had only the Crossfade filter, and could work with my DV500 in realtime like Premiere, then I would use it, because it would pretty much do everything I needed. WMM comes close to having what everyone needs, it's just held back by some video quality shortcomings from what I've seen.

Anduril
Org Profile

Post by Anduril » Thu Jul 25, 2002 1:11 pm

i agree fully, WMM is prolly better than Premiere imo, i used premiere for maybe 4months, but ive been using WMM for the last 6, movie maker is a lot better for me despite the quality issues it has, im 56k so it takes me forever to dl some stuff, and then the making clips from movies in premiere was a long process 4 me(guess i never really did it right), in movie maker u can use all the diff types of windows media, which saves me a lot of time cuz i can dl a high quality asf or wmv movie and use the clips from it. also w/ WMM u dont have all those filters so u can focus more on timing, u can still overlay clips, but u can time it much better in WMM. also(though im unsure about premiere sinc i havent had it for a while) u can be really precise w/ timing and the smallest mistakes can be taken out of clips to make it flow better(which im not sure premiere is able to do the same, its been 6 months).

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Fri Jul 26, 2002 12:20 pm

mexicanjunior wrote:
Rozard wrote:
Damn right! :lol:
Yes!! If you don't have enough money to "buy" Adobe Premiere, WMM is the next best thing. The poor mans video editing program. 8)
ImageImage

Return to “Video & Audio Help”