Sakura-Con Entry Deadline Coming Up!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

I live on the east coast

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Sat Jan 11, 2003 8:48 pm

Plus I live on the east coast how will I find out how my videos did if they made it.
No matter what, stay calm, stay cool and live life to the fullest.
Plus as Gene would say always go big in life.
Anime Mid Atlantic AMV Contest Coordinator 2007-2011
Katsucon AMV Contest Coordinator 2010-2011
T-Mode Contest Coordinator 2013
Nekocon AMV Contest Coordinator 2014

CArnesen
Org Profile

Re: I live on the east coast

Post by CArnesen » Sat Jan 11, 2003 9:06 pm

Gene Starwind 21122 wrote:Yeah that's right. I'll have two videos to send in. I've been delayed by darn audio trouble. Anyway I'm kind of new to this could you explain how your contest work and how many videos you'll show?
Well, all entry details are under the "Contests" section of the Sakura-Con 2003 website. We will be screening at least 40 AMVs and attendants will be able to vote on their favorite AMV in each category. The winners will be announced at the Sunday Closing Ceremonies.
Gene Starwind 21122 wrote:Plus I live on the east coast how will I find out how my videos did if they made it.
I will be posting the screening list on the Saturday after the contest. Winners will be posted Sunday evening. Awards will be mailed on Tuesday (if needed). I will have the results posted here on a-m-v.org first and I will give the Sakura-Con webteam the results for them to post as soon as they can on SakuraCon.org.

Hey, thanks for your interest, it should be an awesome screening!

--Chris ^^

Mechaman
Org Profile

Post by Mechaman » Sat Jan 18, 2003 9:25 pm

I'm morbidly curious if Paul Dostal submitted an OAV yet.

* blesses his copy of Vegas Video to get him through the next two weeks.

MistyCaldwell
Org Profile

Post by MistyCaldwell » Sat Jan 18, 2003 9:58 pm

I wasn't going to submit to Sakura-con since I obviously can't go...Ohio is mighty far from the west coast. I was going to try for ACEN where my 80's video was going to premiere for a con...but since I am not using that one for any OTHER cons....why not?

I hope Sakura-con people like 80's music :D

CArnesen
Org Profile

Post by CArnesen » Sat Jan 18, 2003 10:33 pm

Mechaman wrote:I'm morbidly curious if Paul Dostal submitted an OAV yet.

Hmm... Just checked the submissions database and that name doesn't come up...
MistyCaldwell wrote:I wasn't going to submit to Sakura-con since I obviously can't go...Ohio is mighty far from the west coast. I was going to try for ACEN where my 80's video was going to premiere for a con...but since I am not using that one for any OTHER cons....why not?

I hope Sakura-con people like 80's music :D
Who doesn't like 80s music?! :D

BTW, we encourage creators that will not be able to attend to participate. We will be mailing any awards/prizes to creators who are not in attendance (unlike Anime Expo, I think that A.D. is still waiting for his awards)... :roll:
--Chris ^_^

CArnesen
Org Profile

Post by CArnesen » Sat Jan 18, 2003 10:35 pm

CArnesen wrote:(unlike Anime Expo, I think that A.D. is still waiting for his awards)... :roll:
Umm... maybe it was Klinky... Grrrr... I can't remember...

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sun Jan 19, 2003 1:37 am

Nope, your right it is A.D.

Vlad

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Sun Jan 19, 2003 3:27 am

Mechaman wrote:I'm morbidly curious if Paul Dostal submitted an OAV yet.

Can you believe he actually won an award a few years ago? The "Cheeze Award", or something like that. His vids are always fun in a B-movie sort of way.

BTW, I just started using Vegas last weekend on my latest project. I like it a lot, even though it's only version 2 (got it cheap last summer since it was out-of-date and in a damaged box). Very easy to use: I completed about 70 secs in a few hours this afternoon (only two layers, but some moderately complex overlays).

The only thing I'm missing vis-a-vis Premiere is handling sequential still images. I think the later versions of Vegas do this, however.

Mechaman
Org Profile

Post by Mechaman » Sun Jan 19, 2003 3:49 pm

Can you believe he actually won an award a few years ago? His vids are always fun in a B-movie sort of way.
I was there when he won it. Tristan McAvery actually ran out to a Safeway to get the Cheese Log for the award.
The Ed Wood of homegrown fan-anime, that's the phrase I use. I wouldn't mind him so much if he made a more serious attempt to get better--his second "giant robot teamup" video was a step up from the first(while remaining delightfully cheesy), but the third went back in the gutter along with the first.

Vegas 3 is my new Personal Jesus(TM). Insanely fast workflow once you get used to it, native MPEG-2 import, and SMP-aware.
So much in that my problem is getting into the mood to compose the video; I need to watch From Hell and Halloween again to get back in the spirit.

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Tue Jan 21, 2003 1:50 am

Mechaman wrote:Vegas 3 is my new Personal Jesus(TM). Insanely fast workflow once you get used to it.....
That's a fact...yesterday I needed only 15 minutes (give or take) to post and synch about 100 still pic's. Wish I'd had this two years ago.

Return to “AMV Contests”