Laws of Anime series?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
zalas
Org Profile

Laws of Anime series?

Post by zalas » Thu Jul 18, 2002 8:27 am

I was wondering if it would be possible for a team of amv makers to do a series of amvs detailing all the Laws of Anime. Something like a few related laws per video would be nice :) Plus, it would probably be a good idea to have multiple songs relating to the different laws of anime that each video describes.

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Thu Jul 18, 2002 4:04 pm

Looks like an interesting project to take up...
I'm thinking about it!
ImageImage

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Fri Jul 19, 2002 3:33 am

The difficulty of doing it is that if you mean an entire AMV focusing on one law, you run the risk of it getting VERY repetative VERY quickly. Basically you'd be showing a scenario again and again with only a change of character. If you are trying to encompass the whole list on one AMV then you have the problem of trying to locate an appropriate song and getting your idea across without the overusage of subtitles.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Mon Jul 22, 2002 11:57 am

WK - And that's a reason why I said I was thinking about it... Did you actually think I would do something so.... Repetitive? Man, I need to explain myself a little better next time.. Detailed.... :oops: Sometimes I post without thinking... And sometimes I think about posting and somehow, I do post... :roll: Nevermind.... I'm just blah blah blahing again... Blah blah blah!!! :?
ImageImage

zalas
Org Profile

Post by zalas » Tue Jul 23, 2002 8:30 am

Well, I was thinking something along the lines of perhaps 15 seconds or 30 seconds for each law. And perhaps multiple laws in one video.

FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Post by FirestormXIII » Tue Jul 23, 2002 6:13 pm

Hardest thing to do would be to pick a song that fit the laws well. Unless you went instrumental, in which case it's really not a problem. This is interesting...

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Wed Jul 24, 2002 3:15 am

Actually thinking about it. Everybody's freem to watch Anime is probably the closest a video will come to doing what you are explaining. However that relies on the audio for the laws and what you want is the actual laws that are on the interenet which will be much harder to find in audio.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

zalas
Org Profile

Post by zalas » Wed Jul 24, 2002 8:19 am

Well, I was toying with this idea:

Have one of those classical music pieces running in the background (you know, one of those weird oldskewl university sounding pieces) and have someone say "Welcome to another edition of the Laws of Anime." And basically proceed to explain it like one of those physics programs for kids :)

drunkencell
Org Profile

Post by drunkencell » Wed Jul 24, 2002 10:37 pm

Does someone have a link to these laws?

I like the idea of setting the narration to classical music (like the biography of the F-word).

bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Wed Jul 24, 2002 10:52 pm

check the first post
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

Return to “General AMV”