Katsucon: Who entered?

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Fungie½
Org Profile

Post by Fungie½ » Sat Jan 04, 2003 9:38 pm

E-mail from Katsucon AMV staff:

"The mail slug passed and your tape was in there, however it looks like it went a few rounds with Mike Tyson and partially disentegrated when I opened the package and is beyond repair."

I'm really sad now... :(

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Mon Jan 06, 2003 1:52 pm

I postmarked my CDs by the deadline...I don't know if I'll actually be in the contest, though, because their site says if they can't import the file format, it's automatically disqualified. I sent an Indeo copy and an MPEG-1 copy, which I hope is okay, seeing as how they're using a Mac.

Anyway, I "trolled" my 2 AWA videos, Self-Titled and Sappy Self-Indulgence...I say trolled in quotes because they haven't won anything, and I'm going to be attending...so from what I understand of contest submittal "etiquette," I'm in the clear :P
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Mon Jan 06, 2003 2:18 pm

Kusoyaro wrote:I say trolled in quotes because they haven't won anything
What about the awa choice awards?

VicBond007
Org Profile

Post by VicBond007 » Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:14 pm

I submitted 2 videos, "Requiem for Excel" (Drama) and...well...you'll have to wait to see the new one (action).

I figured with the contest being run by someone new it was worth the rush, but the dumb submission forms (music label?! Like THAT'S going to stop people from using mp3s. HELLO AMAZON.COM!) and the way the contest will be run, I'm having doubts. They insist on dubbing the contest onto DVD this year, but using Final Cut Pro means no AC3 audio support so everything is going to be linear PCM. That's all fine and dandy but that leaves about 7.5Mbit/sec for video data, and my vids looked bad enough as it is. *sigh*. I miss the good ol' days of VHS.

Hsien, you're in good company with the recycled videos. This is gonna be Requiem's second con. Hopefully it'll fare better this time around and be recognized for a little more than it's lack of lyrics ;-)
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Tue Jan 07, 2003 8:39 am

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:
Kusoyaro wrote:I say trolled in quotes because they haven't won anything
What about the awa choice awards?
Oops :)
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

Nappy
Org Profile

Post by Nappy » Thu Jan 09, 2003 7:43 pm

I emailed them before the deadline about ftp/online submissions, but they never responded >_<

iserlohn
Org Profile

Post by iserlohn » Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:34 pm

Wow. That's weird. The guy was always really prompt in replying to me.

And seriously, if the con website doesn't say they take FTP/Online, chances are they don't. Is it really that hard to burn and mail a CD? Even if you're just in high school you should be able to get someone to send it off for you...
"I'm recording an album tonight. Funny material and laughter will be dubbed in later."
--Bill Hicks

Nappy
Org Profile

Post by Nappy » Wed Jan 15, 2003 10:11 pm

hehe oops my bad it was ohayocon I emailed and got no responce, but It turns out I won so I guess they got it :shock:

Return to “AMV Contests”