AFO3 AMV Deadline Approaching!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Legionair
Org Profile

AFO3 AMV Deadline Approaching!

Post by Legionair » Wed Jul 17, 2002 6:18 pm

Just a quick reminder of the upcoming deadline for the AFO3 AMV Contest.

Videos must be postmarked by July 19th (that's this Friday) or uploaded to the server by July 26th (next Friday). I will also be in attendence at this month's Anime Explosion, where you can hand deliver your entries to me. Yes, Anime Explosion is this Friday, at midnight as well. This month's free showing being Tenku no shiro Rapyuta (Laputa: Castle in the Sky).

I will also be at Otakon next weekend, so provided you let me know in advance, and find me at the con, I'll be willing to take entries there as well.

For more information on Anime Explosion, go to: http://www.anime.jyu.fi/~fleggett/nowshowing.html

I won't rehash the rules here, but you can view them at: http://www.anime.jyu.fi/~fleggett/afo/amv.htm

AnimeFestival Orlando 3 will be August 16th through the 18th.

The AMV related functions are scheduled like this:
24 Hour AMV Room running all weekend.
AMV Creator's Party, August 16th, 10 PM in the AMV Room.
AMV How To Panel, August 17th, around noon in the AMV Room.
AMV Contest Screening, August 17th, main viewing room, late afternoon.
AMV Contest Voting closes, August 17th, 11:30 PM.
AMV Feedback Panel, August 18th, around noon in the AMV Room.
AMV Contest Results screening, August 18th, main viewing room, late afternoon.
AMV Contest Results replay, September 20th, at Anime Explosion, on the big movie theatre screen.

Here are the bits of new business:
The AMV Feedback Panel will be a place you can submit a video and receive feedback from at least one of the panel members. All of the panel members are professionals in some facet of the audio visual trade. One video per person please. Videos must be sent in prior to the convention so that the panel members will have a chance to view them. You must also pre-register for this by emailing me using the email address below.

We have some special judges lined up for the AMV Contest as well. I'm not at liberty to say who yet, but information will be posted shortly.

You can also subscribe to the AFO-AMV Mailing list by hitting this link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AFOAMV/

Jason (aka Legionair)
legionair@aol.com

Marlex
Org Profile

Post by Marlex » Sat Jul 20, 2002 2:08 pm

I have to make a few more changes on my latest video and I'll have a friend upload it this week. I am eagerly awaiting the convention!

tetsuo93108
Org Profile

me too

Post by tetsuo93108 » Sat Jul 20, 2002 3:53 pm

i can not wait for the con!!! i was wondering what days the AMV's were beign shown ( the contest ) also i was wondering if we will get an email saying if we made the cut or not?
:D :D

Legionair
Org Profile

Post by Legionair » Mon Jul 22, 2002 5:07 am

I think I answered the question about when things were being shown already.

As for the cut, you will get an email sometime next week. All of the entries should be in my hands by Saturday morning, which will allow me to go through them all and sort them out.

Thanks,
Jason

Marlex
Org Profile

Post by Marlex » Wed Jul 24, 2002 7:21 pm

I have a few questions about the contest if you don't mind...

Do you know in what categories the videos will be judged? Or are you waiting until you get the submissions?
In your timeline, you have voting deadline. Will the contest use judges or audience voting?

tetsuo93108
Org Profile

Post by tetsuo93108 » Wed Jul 24, 2002 7:25 pm

it will use judges. we should have the winners up by august 2nd !!!!!!! :D

tetsuo93108
Org Profile

Post by tetsuo93108 » Wed Jul 24, 2002 7:26 pm

oh sh!t sorry i though this was to my contest forum :x :x :x aghhhhh sorry

Legionair
Org Profile

Post by Legionair » Wed Jul 24, 2002 7:41 pm

Current plan is a comedy / drama / action spread. But I'm keeping that open to changes at the moment. The basic hope is to spread the videos evenly across the different categories.

These categories are going to be used for the audience vote only.

We'll have a couple of judge's choices as well, a few decided by some guest judges from local fandom.

That's all I can really say at the moment though. :)

Jason

Marlex
Org Profile

Post by Marlex » Sat Jul 27, 2002 12:35 pm

Thanks for the info.

Now that the deadline has come and gone, I was wondering how many submitions you received.

Legionair
Org Profile

Post by Legionair » Sat Jul 27, 2002 3:23 pm

I don't have the final stats handy at the moment, since I'm at Otakon. But I will be posting the final cut shortly.

At the moment, there's only one video I may have to cut for data quality reasons. I don't think it will be necessary to cut anything for time either. So at the moment all the ones I've received should be playing in the contest.

Don't hold me to that last detail yet though. My preliminary thoughts are that everything is hunky dory. I will be going through the videos this week and sorting out the categories and play time. Once that's done, the final play list will be posted (in generic format, as to not give away the details) by next weekend.

Thanks,
Jason

Return to “AMV Contests”