Upload and Download Restrictions

Juko
Org Profile

Post by Juko » Sat Jan 04, 2003 4:15 pm

Most of my music videos are Final Fantasy. I have been watching the progress of the Golden Donut for some time, and I have long awaited it since I've had no luck finding good hosting, and plus I wanted to stay loyal to AMV. I was expecting that with the Golden Donut I could upload my videos, but now I am confused by the only anime rule. I understand that FF, and games for that matter, are not anime, but it's still a music video. Would I be left out the opportunity to upload my videos with the Golden Donut because they are game passed and not anime?

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Sat Jan 04, 2003 5:47 pm

Hey Juko,

FF vids are, well, tolerated since they are in the anime style. You will be able to upload them. Non-anime vids, like "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" video will not be allowed since they contain no anime or anime related images.

Phade.

Juko
Org Profile

Post by Juko » Sat Jan 04, 2003 11:07 pm

Thank you so much, I was getting very worried. I can't wait tell we get it up and running. Thank you for letting us have the chance to have great hosting, I have been trying to find a reliable hoster, until now.

Neo-Matrix
Org Profile

Post by Neo-Matrix » Sun Jan 05, 2003 12:28 am

cool... and yes maybe i didnt specify but i know we are only talking about the golden donut -- non anime is "eliminated" as in there wont be any hosted on this website... i never meant to suggest anything about the database.

Yea FF is basically interactive anime, maybe its in a league of its own but you see the same kinds of characters and styles as in anime. thanks

Rob Kenchu
Org Profile

Post by Rob Kenchu » Sun Jan 05, 2003 8:36 pm

personally, the non-anime rule kinda sucks for me cuz several of my vids are live action... but i guess i could live with that -.-. the real reason for this post is a question about language content

will vids with songs that contain the 7 dirty (and other nasty) words be excluded?

Yogurtron
Org Profile

Post by Yogurtron » Tue Jan 07, 2003 6:13 pm

I also have a question about the only-anime rule. From my latest video on, most of my MVs should be AMVs, but before I had my DVD-ROM drive, I made a music video using game cutscenes from "Lunar: Silver Star Story" and it's sequal. The cutscenes are done in anime style (drawn and whatnot like any true anime title), but since it still is a game, would that still be allowed?

The Non-Professional
Org Profile

Post by The Non-Professional » Wed Jan 08, 2003 3:29 pm

Phade, question. What if people abuse this server and load things that arent a video and use it for there site, like uploading pictures or non AMV related items? God willing this wont happen but im just asking.

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Wed Jan 08, 2003 4:09 pm

Hey The Non-Professional,

All videos will be screened after they are uploaded. If someone is abusing the system, they will have their upload ability turned off.

Phade.

TekkaRepliroid Zero
Org Profile

Post by TekkaRepliroid Zero » Wed Jan 08, 2003 9:22 pm

If it is anime, whether it is game, OVA, TV, etc doesn't matter. I KNOW my Rockman X vid would qualify, since it is all from anime cut-scenes and not "game footage" (and if it isn't game footage, it is FMV, if the FMV is animated (CG or not) and made in Japan, you have your defence right there - technically).

Re: nudity, there would definately be some grey areas, especially with certain series, like Fushigi Yuugi as one example, where it has been done in vids using tasteful nudity. Even though it is sexual, it doesn't exclude it from being tasteful (or even appropriate for the music, depending on the music obviously), do vids that venture along that line get the ax? *Eyes some of his future plans* hmm, I could the odd vid in trouble at that rate.
<i>TekkaRepliroid Zero</i>
I'll Never be the One that she Needs (first DL-able vid, ops appreciated)
"OOW, Why does it huuuuuuurt?!" - Zim
"Ooonly if you dance with meeeee" - GIR

Rob Kenchu
Org Profile

Post by Rob Kenchu » Wed Jan 08, 2003 11:45 pm

dont ignore me! :(

will songs with swear words in them be excluded... or is the answer somewhere else and i just missed it? :oops:

Return to “Site Announcements”