How do you do these effects?

KurugayaUchiha
Org Profile

How do you do these effects?

Post by KurugayaUchiha » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:09 pm

So I have Sony Vegas Pro 11 and I think I starting to get somewhere with reaching the effects like the one in this video but I'm just not there can anyone have ideas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DadhaG4 ... jQ&index=6
From 0:07 - 0:14 and From 1:04 to 1:09

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DadhaG4 ... jQ&index=6
From 0:43 to 0:50 where its like a focus/blur effect

ShodanKid
Org Profile

Re: How do you do these effects?

Post by ShodanKid » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:25 am

I believe the effects you are pointing to are whats called bloom transitions. Quite a few different varieties (I usually come up with new ideas when I want to use it in work projects and it looks like a couple different techniques were used in that video).

The primary way to do them would be to animate exposure and possibly levels, increase exposure to the cut then decrease it. you can kind of pile on from there as needed, adding a blur just before the exposure makes it look like a camera aperture effect, and one shot in the video looks like a color solid was added (in a dodge layer mode it looked like) then the transition on top of that (the scene looked dark so probably wasn't getting a nice bloom so the color solid helped brighten the scene).

It's easiest in a compositor (after effects probably used here) but it is possible in an editor I'm sure, with perhaps an adjustment layer and exposure controls...best not to mess with source so you can still easily adjust the cuts. You may also see (experiment!) with adding a light glow (depending on the scene). And of course a blur if you want that effect to it as well.

Hope this helps! If you look up 'bloom transition' you will find a lot of stuff talking about plug-ins. If you find free ones, give them a try if you want. I usually do these in AE so I'm not positive how well it would work in Vegas...

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Re: How do you do these effects?

Post by Shui » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:20 am

glow all the way :P
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

Return to “Effects & Techniques”