Space Dandy

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Space Dandy

Post by mirkosp » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:54 am

Are you serious, Joe?
This season is and will be an animation fest, right up until the second to last episode (in which they really ended up with no budget), but the very last episode will be retardedly good with animations. They really went out of their way with their budget.
Rather, what I think you are not enjoying is the fact that some episodes have been solo episodes (as in, the director single handedly doing all the keyframes etc), and they all showed the various directors styles (Yuasa's episode for example was clearly his, just to name one). If you dislike a certain director's style, particularly if it's an experimental director, then of course you wouldn't enjoy his episode, especially if you're used to a more mainstream style of animation. Space Dandy is going in quite the opposite direction from that most of the time, so it's understandable one wouldn't enjoy the whole show, but from that to saying it's due to budget issues, that's borderline insulting if not just ignorant, considering the incredible amount of money they've been investing in it so far (remember, it's a show they're airing dubbed in English while it also airs in Japan, it has a massive financial support).

FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:37 pm

(Terrible english approaching) Agreed. That's what makes Dandy impossible to predict. It's different and it's pretty good if you want to watch something out of the usual stuff :D If people catalogues Dandy as a whole show, it'll be probably difficult to follow, but every episode it's far far different from the last one. Different styles, everything new and no cliches. And I love the idea, because you can watch it in the order you want xD!

FarmXD
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:46 am

Sorry but, does anybody know what happened?? [Redacted] are down...
I don't know where can I get or watch the new Dandy episode D:

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:58 am

Please avoid mentioning certain site names over here. Read the Site & Forum Rules.
As for where to watch Dandy, here's a good reference: http://www.space-dandy.com/world-info/
However, it does appear that South America does not have any legal ways to watch it, so fansubs and rips of official streams seems to be the most viable solution for you, unfortunately. As an alternative, you could attempt to circumvent the region locking with a proxy and watch the Funimation stream.

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:45 am

mirkosp wrote:Ep 17 was <3
If it was the episode with that big Musical Number in the end yes, it was glorious :D
The one where he made a Band was damn cool aswell |:>
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

FarmXD
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:05 pm

mirkosp wrote:Please avoid mentioning certain site names over here. Read the Site & Forum Rules.
As for where to watch Dandy, here's a good reference: http://www.space-dandy.com/world-info/
However, it does appear that South America does not have any legal ways to watch it, so fansubs and rips of official streams seems to be the most viable solution for you, unfortunately. As an alternative, you could attempt to circumvent the region locking with a proxy and watch the Funimation stream.
Sorry about that :( completely missed that point

hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit
Org Profile

Post by hamstar138 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:54 am

I'm so sad the show is ending next week (to our knowledge). T__T Personally I like the dubb and I loved staying up to watch it every week on Adult Swim. I feel after this week my life will be so much less dandy then normal...
ImageImage
ImageImage

FarmXD
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:24 pm

Seems it would be an epic ending

VRSaskayzx
Org Profile

Post by VRSaskayzx » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:49 pm

the finale was brilliant, and I love how they teased a third season. but for now saturdays will be a little less awesome
editing my life away.

FarmXD
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:16 pm

It was one of the best plot twists of the year :|
I wasn't expecting that villian

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”