Everything; and you [Clannad AMV]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Cirera
Org Profile

Everything; and you [Clannad AMV]

Post by Cirera » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:18 pm

A Music Video: It's From an Anime
(feat. Japanese Song)

So, here's another one from yours truly. This is a very old project and it's probably obvious that the first minute is edited differently than the rest. Reason: The first minute is a blast from the past, a time travelling mutant from 2012. I know, right?

As much as it pains me to admit, this just might be the first music video where I actually cried during editing. I'm sorry, but the ending killed me. Clannad kills me. This story, these feelings... It pains me.
I lost a baby almost three years ago. I remember watching Clannad After Story a week after that. And I remember crying for weeks after watching it, because holy potato, it hurt.
So I feel somehow connected to it, and this video was (again) pretty damn personal. I wanted to edit the emotions and the story, so I ignored SOME of the obvious beats. I think that's all I want to say for now.

I will be posting a local download link as soon as I can, playing with the filesizes at the moment and that's always super fun. So your options right now are MediaFire and YouTube.
YouTube link has subtitles, MediaFire and upcoming Local links are raw.

Just.. watch it, please. And feedback and criticism is always welcome on my doorstep!

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Re: Everything; and you [Clannad AMV]

Post by CrackTheSky » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:44 pm

Can't watch, haven't seen Clannad or After Story and they're on my list of animes to watch D: Sorrrry.

Cirera
Org Profile

Post by Cirera » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:33 pm

CrackTheSky wrote:Can't watch, haven't seen Clannad or After Story and they're on my list of animes to watch D: Sorrrry.
Thanks for commenting anyway! It'll still be here once you've watched Clannad^^

...SO GO WATCH IT RIGHT FREAKING NOW! Dx

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:16 am

good thing crack cuz it's full of 'spoilers' lol Than again it's tough to do a Clanad AMV without spoilers.

SO AMV with a song I don't understand! Yay -_- I'm just glad to find one to a series I saw which is why I decided to watch, Japanese Lyrics be damned. *ahem* anyway it started off slow see I don't exactly like Japanese songs as there's no lyrics to sync to. It's ok if there's a strong beat but there's none here either, this song plays off of pure emotions and the intro to such songs are so hard to do. I don't fault the editor at all there lol. Anyway as things got on the drama got intense and felt good ^.^ just started kinda' slow. Nice vid over all too bad it's not local but I'd give it 3 of 5 stars. Mostly just not my style I feel it doesn't take much to do this kind of song since it's foreign lyrics (to most of us) and very little beat.
If you do not think so... you will DIE

Cirera
Org Profile

Post by Cirera » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:13 am

Thank you ^^

And hey, like I said, I added the lyrics to the YouTube version specifically for amazing people such as yourself who don't know the lyrics (or Japanese). So if you're interested in the song and the story and THE DEPTH, MAN, IT'S SO DEEP!! go check out the YouTube link! :3
And yeah, the start is slow, but that's mainly because the song is slow there, like you said. ^^

And hurray for using an anime you've actually watched, score for me! Even if Crack had to skip this one for the opposite reason.

Having trouble with the local link, the mp4 file from Vegas is 242 MB and I've been trying EVERYTHING to get it to a smaller size.. I rendered an uncompressed .avi and tried to encode it to .mp4, and lost the audio in the process and now I'm playing around with aviscripts and Zarx264gui. I hate this. Ugh. Hopefully I'll get it resolved (and uploaded) soon... ;__;

Thank you again for commenting. <3 You two are totally my favorite guys ever.

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:27 pm

heheh well keep putting this kind of effort into your video and you'll get all the fans you can handle :P only... they might not be all named Ben, like Benny and I :D
If you do not think so... you will DIE

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”