Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:23 am

MaboroshiStudio wrote:
Pwolf wrote:
neko kitkat wrote:The paper airplane thing I have never heard before. Wow. Must have been a quite a sight though
The paper airplane was basically the tipping point of a very long night of standing and waiting.
The previous year with the freezing room was the straw that broke my back after going to AX for a couple years... I am so glad I dodged that paper airplane lol
Yes, and I remember in that same freezing room Kevin's Fangirls friends saying "Lets just give Kevin the prizes and go to bed" and a certain "Joe" Person saying "Yea, right!"... A priceless moment indeed!

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:41 am

Massive email of massive massiveness sent. Ya'll should know how to get your tickets an' stuff now. :)
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

Tenshigami
Org Profile

Post by Tenshigami » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:12 am

XStylus wrote:Massive email of massive massiveness sent. Ya'll should know how to get your tickets an' stuff now. :)
Ok after checking the ticket roster, looks like my problem that was my own damn fault is solved - I only asked for one ticket because I thought none of my friends who hadn't entered wanted to go, then it turned out someone I thought wasn't coming to AX was indeed coming and on top of that she was upset I hadn't gotten a second ticket for her. D'oh! :(

But it turns out one of my friends that also entered will be getting enough tickets to cover my mistake, thank God. However that leads into a question I asked a few pages back that wasn't answered because it was my first post and got stuck in moderation: If my friend and I pick up our tickets at the same time, will the seats be all in one group? From one of your earlier comments it sounds like this would be the case unless someone shuffles the tickets on us.

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:29 am

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
Yes, and I remember in that same freezing room Kevin's Fangirls friends saying "Lets just give Kevin the prizes and go to bed" and a certain "Joe" Person saying "Yea, right!"... A priceless moment indeed!

Vlad
The priceless moment for me was when they talked about the best technical video winner from the previous year... citing my Lain video which did not win the award... and watching Kevin hang his head

machina21
Org Profile

Post by machina21 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:09 pm

I just wanted to know if there will be an award given for the best gif/jpeg in the contest thread? :ying:
"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere."

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:17 pm

machina21 wrote:I just wanted to know if there will be an award given for the best gif/jpeg in the contest thread? :ying:
I second this!

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:28 pm

machina21 wrote:I just wanted to know if there will be an award given for the best gif/jpeg in the contest thread? :ying:
Yes. It will be the facepalm award. It's a photograph of me facepalming.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:03 pm

XStylus wrote:
let me lick those tears Troy... lol

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:28 pm

XStylus wrote:
I'm not retired from THIS competition! :twisted:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:46 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
XStylus wrote:
I'm not retired from THIS competition! :twisted:
See the fine print.

This contest is only open to active AMV creators who are not retired, and whose names aren't Castor Troy. Some assembly included, batteries not required, your mileage may vary, valid in all states except California.

Return to “AMV Contests”