AnimeNEXT 2014 AMV Contest -- Winners Posted!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Re: AnimeNEXT 2014 AMV Contest -- Winners Posted!

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:38 pm

Scintilla wrote:I can't speak for the previous coordinators; but as for myself, if you have audience-voted category awards and an audience-voted Best In Show as well, it just seems redundant. I say that because, in all my years of paying attention to these contests, I have only ever heard of one contest having such a setup where the Best In Show winner was not a comedy (unfortunately I don't remember which one, but I'm pretty sure the winning video in that case was a drama).
*nod nod* it's true that a best in show winner is usually the winner of its category which can seem rather redundant, however i refuse to give the category winner over to the second place winner.

AX determines the best in show more strategically. it all has to do with percentages - votes by judges, audience and creators.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:54 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
Scintilla wrote:I can't speak for the previous coordinators; but as for myself, if you have audience-voted category awards and an audience-voted Best In Show as well, it just seems redundant. I say that because, in all my years of paying attention to these contests, I have only ever heard of one contest having such a setup where the Best In Show winner was not a comedy (unfortunately I don't remember which one, but I'm pretty sure the winning video in that case was a drama).
*nod nod* it's true that a best in show winner is usually the winner of its category which can seem rather redundant, however i refuse to give the category winner over to the second place winner.
It's not the whole winning-two-awards thing that I meant; I was speaking specifically about the comedy winner almost always getting it.
Rider4Z wrote:AX determines the best in show more strategically. it all has to do with percentages - votes by judges, audience and creators.
That's why I restricted my statement specifically to completely audience-voted contests. :P Unfortunately we don't get enough creators attending the con to make something like that viable...
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:47 pm

Comedy definitely has an advantage... but it still depends on the audience.

AX for example:
Spoiler :
Recent Best of Shows
2013 - Trailer/Parody
2012 - Action
2011 - AmTV Pro
2010 - Comedy
2009 - Drama
2008 - Comedy
2007 - AmTV
it can be done!

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:08 pm

There must be an image macro somewhere that would fit this: Run AMV contest for local New Jersey con -- end up mailing 6 out of 7 prizes to the West Coast. :P

Prizes have been sent! In addition to the DVD/Blu-ray prizes from our corporate sponsors, each winner also receives a certificate (in holder) signed by both contest coordinators and the convention chair, plus one of our customized medals (see photo on page 1 of this thread), with a checkered-flag ribbon to fit this year's Racing theme.
All packages should arrive by Friday. If you care, PM me for your tracking number.
ImageImage

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:26 pm

I received my awards today, you guys are fast!

I loooove the custom made medals, they are so adorable and unique. <3 love em! Thank you so much!

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:16 pm

I wanted to reiterate how much I love these medals. They're such a great design. I really appreciate handmade awards. it shows real creativity and makes them personal.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:02 am

I'd be remiss not to tell you that you can thank our Vice-Chair of Operations, Sarah (StudioKitsu), for that -- basically all I had to do was tell her how many we needed and what to put on the back of each one, and she handled everything from there. :up: I'm glad you like them!
ImageImage

Hika Yagami
Org Profile

Post by Hika Yagami » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:23 pm

Got my stuff a few days ago. The medal is really adorable. Definitely the best thing out of all of the prizes X3.

neko kitkat
Org Profile

Post by neko kitkat » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:31 am

I got my medal and dvd today! The medal is great! lol although I had a good laugh at the anime you sent XD I dunno what to do with it XD

Return to “AMV Contests”