Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:37 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:That was AX2002 and it was probably a good thing you missed that year... it was the dreaded "Curse of Long Beach". :uhoh:
I was there in '07 though :|
In that case:

"The discs were stolen"

:|
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:41 pm

Castor Troy wrote: "The discs were stolen"
True quote. However, no they weren't.
Last edited by XStylus on Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

neko kitkat
Org Profile

Post by neko kitkat » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:52 pm

XStylus wrote:
Castor Troy wrote: "The discs were stolen"
No they weren't.
I was there in 2007, Long beach was the worse AX I have been too. I remember someone saying the discs were stolen, I don't recall if it was the announcer or just some people passing by. But I never heard of anything beyond that. I remember the contest being postponed and going to the showing the next day with my friends. Which brings up another event. I don't recall if this was masquerade or AX Idol or the amv contest But I remember one year there was a blackout of sorts and everyone started using their phones as light and started wave them back and forth XD.

The paper airplane thing I have never heard before. Wow. Must have been a quite a sight though

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:56 pm

neko kitkat wrote:The paper airplane thing I have never heard before. Wow. Must have been a quite a sight though
The paper airplane was basically the tipping point of a very long night of standing and waiting.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:58 pm

Ha, 2007 was the first time one of my videos got into the contest and I was so disappointed with the stolen disks that I went back to the hotel and promptly passed [Which is coming from someone who stays up stupid late]. I still look at the whole thing fondly though, kinda funny to hear that after all this time.

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:17 am

Pwolf wrote:
neko kitkat wrote:The paper airplane thing I have never heard before. Wow. Must have been a quite a sight though
The paper airplane was basically the tipping point of a very long night of standing and waiting.
The previous year with the freezing room was the straw that broke my back after going to AX for a couple years... I am so glad I dodged that paper airplane lol

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:30 am

*EXASPERATED SIGH* I'm relieved to say the contest intro is finished and is Vlad and Troy approved!

this year's intro brings back some old school that all you fogies should appreciate :asd: I'd love to take credit for the original idea, but it was actually troy's...
Last edited by Rider4Z on Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:23 am

MaboroshiStudio wrote:
Pwolf wrote:
The previous year with the freezing room was the straw that broke my back after going to AX for a couple years... I am so glad I dodged that paper airplane lol
This reminds me of a dream I had one time where AX moved to Big Bear and everyone had to watch the AMV contest in the snow. The guy running the projector was frozen like an ice cube you see in cartoons. :uhoh: :sorcerer:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:09 pm

XStylus wrote:I'll be sending to the finalists an email specifically stating which of their respective entries got in. Hopefully I'll have them sent by tomorrow.
I remember when this was a thing. I'm 95% sure which one of my entries made it, even so... Most conventions typically opt for the ticket to visit the Fianna rather than being dunked into the ethereal waters of overlay heaven.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:19 am

Pwolf wrote:
I was there for the paper airplane episode in 2002... The problem was they waited way too long to tell anyone an when they did the audience was totally angry as they waited almost a hour and there was a standby line outside waiting too! That was the first time when I ever saw 3000 people almost ready to riot.. It was the last time I went to AX until 2009..

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Return to “AMV Contests”