Essential videos

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Re: Essential videos

Post by Shui » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:26 am

You might wanna look at ADs Genesis of the digital anime music video scene and Dana Springalls AMV Thesis.

Also here is the playlist for my History & Evolution of AMVs panel. Not all are influental as I also chose some just to showcase what some typical things were in AMVs at the time. Also Ignore the slides, I didn't sort out anything as I promised some people I'd upload it after the panel.
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

AceD
I AM THE BEST
Org Profile

Post by AceD » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:12 pm

seasons wrote:Koopiskeva -- Euphoria (2003)
Not the first video by this editor, not the last, and some people might even say it's not even his best, but it might just be his most notable and it's definitely one of those videos that's brought up every time people discuss what the best AMVs of all time might be (here's a hint, √Bestamvsofalltime doesn't know shit). The early 2000's was probably the golden period for the hobby, at least in terms of the booming popularity of AMVs, the general excitement around them, and the innovation that was happening in them at the time, and that's all captured in this video like no other. This video is currently #1 on our sorrowfully neglected all-time top AMVs chart.

Why I'm I mentioned? I don't care what videos you think are essential. Direct any further wankery to my secretary, thanks!

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:43 pm

AceD wrote:
seasons wrote:Koopiskeva -- Euphoria (2003)
Not the first video by this editor, not the last, and some people might even say it's not even his best, but it might just be his most notable and it's definitely one of those videos that's brought up every time people discuss what the best AMVs of all time might be (here's a hint, √Bestamvsofalltime doesn't know shit). The early 2000's was probably the golden period for the hobby, at least in terms of the booming popularity of AMVs, the general excitement around them, and the innovation that was happening in them at the time, and that's all captured in this video like no other. This video is currently #1 on our sorrowfully neglected all-time top AMVs chart.
Quoted Image converted to link:
http://i58.tinypic.com/28v4ksg.png

Why I'm I mentioned? I don't care what videos you think are essential. Direct any further wankery to my secretary, thanks!
I feel like you've prepare that meme just for this special occasion

[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
Org Profile

Post by [madaraxD] » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:03 pm

I lole'd :rofl:

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:41 pm

Aside from the typical answers, I came up on videos by V37, MajinSteve, Bote, UnlimitedRice, Dannypoo, ProdigyX, AngryManAnime, and an arsenal of other editors most people probably don't know. KingDavid was also a big influence on me. So videos by those editors are more my idea of amv history than the top 10% list lol

Return to “General AMV”