A-Kon 25 VSE Contest- May 19 Deadline, Need More Submissions

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Re: A-Kon 25 VSE Contest- May 19 Deadline, Need More Submiss

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:41 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote: I'd like to know as well - according to your website I won Runners up in Masters last year and never heard back about anything.

As an aside, I HAVE gotten 3 trophies from your con since 2006 and they're all the ultra-cheep tier stuff from Crown. The convention execs must really not give two shits about budgeting for you guys. I've spent at least ten times as much as what you guys do on trophies & shipping for a con with under 10% your attendance level. It sure seems like there's a profound lack of respect for your department.
Back in 2012 I won the Fan favorite in Masters and never heard back after that either. I really did not say anything back then nor did I really want to bring it up, but figured I should just in case there has been trend in communication issues that might effect the winners...

As for Budgeting, that is a sticky one. I know say for Animethon we spend quite a bit on nice glass trophies and includes prizes ands certificates, plus mail out all awards to anywhere and that con has an attendance about 20-25% of A-Kon. But then again it seems at the large cons one has to really fight to get money at all (and I know that from experience)...

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Diegao
Enjoy the music
Org Profile

Post by Diegao » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:32 am

Vlad G Pohnert wrote: As for Budgeting, that is a sticky one. I know say for Animethon we spend quite a bit on nice glass trophies and includes prizes ands certificates, plus mail out all awards to anywhere and that con has an attendance about 20-25% of A-Kon. But then again it seems at the large cons one has to really fight to get money at all (and I know that from experience)...
Same for RPcon, we spend a lot by ourselves, and we are only an online contest, without a convention.
Rising Production: Site - Forum - Facebook - Twitter

rubyeye
Org Profile

Post by rubyeye » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:52 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote: I'd like to know as well - according to your website I won Runners up in Masters last year and never heard back about anything.

As an aside, I HAVE gotten 3 trophies from your con since 2006 and they're all the ultra-cheep tier stuff from Crown. The convention execs must really not give two shits about budgeting for you guys. I've spent at least ten times as much as what you guys do on trophies & shipping for a con with under 10% your attendance level. It sure seems like there's a profound lack of respect for your department.
OK, I asked about what the current policy is regarding trophies and here's the deal....
If you are not present and would like to receive your trophy, but don't have a proxy to pick it up at the convention, you will need to pay for shipping/handling to have us send it to you in the mail along with the promise that you will actually be at home to receive it.

Why? Because over the years, Chris has spent hundreds of dollars (out-of-pocket) to dozens of winners only to have them come back because people were never home to receive them.

So, if you are willing to pay for him to ship your trophy to you, let us know via the Contact Us page on the website.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:34 pm

There's an easy way to remedy that. You don't require signature on delivery. Use UPS, It's almost always the cheaper option in north America and they will leave packages.

I've done this for shipping a LOT of trophies and haven't received a single complaint.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “AMV Contests”