AMA 2014 AMV CONTEST FINALISTS

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
kitten1987
Org Profile

Re: AMA 2014 AMV CONTEST FINALISTS

Post by kitten1987 » Thu May 29, 2014 11:14 am

MaboroshiStudio wrote:Are you going to be posting the video titles for the finalists?
Not till after the contest.

Krigen
Org Profile

Post by Krigen » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:42 pm

Congratulations to all who made it in.
Is there going to be a overflow viewing session?

kitten1987
Org Profile

Post by kitten1987 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:50 pm

Krigen wrote:Congratulations to all who made it in.
Is there going to be a overflow viewing session?
Sorry not this year.

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:43 pm

I am possibly going to have a similar rule at MTAC next year in regards to videos that have won so many videos. The only issue I see is if you don't post the finalists and the videos it can be problematic.

It is the honor rule... but if a video makes the finals and broke this rule it is unfair to the other people who have submitted. I am interested to see what made the finals and to make sure this rule was followed... If there are any issues with the rule for my own info.

kitten1987
Org Profile

Post by kitten1987 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:04 am

MaboroshiStudio wrote:I am possibly going to have a similar rule at MTAC next year in regards to videos that have won so many videos. The only issue I see is if you don't post the finalists and the videos it can be problematic.

It is the honor rule... but if a video makes the finals and broke this rule it is unfair to the other people who have submitted. I am interested to see what made the finals and to make sure this rule was followed... If there are any issues with the rule for my own info.
YES, all of the finalists met the requirements about the winning awards so please stop bringing it up. also i will NOT post the winner's video titles till AFTER the contest. this is so there is no extra advertising for specific videos by others that read this. it has been handled this way by the last 2 coordinator's so i see no reason to change it.

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:15 am

kitten1987 wrote:
YES, all of the finalists met the requirements about the winning awards so please stop bringing it up. also i will NOT post the winner's video titles till AFTER the contest. this is so there is no extra advertising for specific videos by others that read this. it has been handled this way by the last 2 coordinator's so i see no reason to change it.
I sent you a pm so a conversation in regards to this would be offline. You did not respond to my pm... that is why I brought it up here so try and relax.

As I noted I ran the MTAC contest this year and this rule is something I am considering as well for next year. I assume the concern is that voting at the contest might be influenced or people posting that their video is a finalist before the contest? Honestly I am more interested in this discussion in regards running contests... but I understand you are probably uber busy with the contest. Thanks for the confirmation and line of reasoning for not posting the videos in regards to advertising.

Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:38 pm

So are there going to be any editors at AMA this year that would like to meet up before the convention on Thursday night?
No matter what, stay calm, stay cool and live life to the fullest.
Plus as Gene would say always go big in life.
Anime Mid Atlantic AMV Contest Coordinator 2007-2011
Katsucon AMV Contest Coordinator 2010-2011
T-Mode Contest Coordinator 2013
Nekocon AMV Contest Coordinator 2014

BecauseImBored1
Org Profile

Post by BecauseImBored1 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:16 pm

How did this contest go?

kitten1987
Org Profile

Post by kitten1987 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:15 am

Contest went great. Got a lot of positive feedback. Had a few technical hiccups due to scheduling conflicts making it impossible to do sound and video checks. But that is being talked about for next year. Also winners will be going up later today in a seperate thread so please keep a look out for it.

BecauseImBored1
Org Profile

Post by BecauseImBored1 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:44 am

did i miss it lol?

Return to “AMV Contests”