Hunter x Hunter (2011)

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Org Profile

Re: Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Post by FarmXD » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:29 am

Reaching 100 episodes this week!! Hope
they animate the saga after the ants too!

FarmXD
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:05 am

I'm enjoying this so much Dx
Also, new ending is great

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Wed May 28, 2014 8:35 am

Holy crap, a new chapter for the manga just came out today, the last chapter was released back in early 2012!!! I love this series but the fricking hiatus's drives me nuts. this series started in 1998, and it has less chapters than fairy tail, which started in 2006, that should give you an idea of how many breaks the author takes.

FarmXD
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Wed May 28, 2014 10:44 am

Oh....my...god...I thought it would be back in june...yesterday the massacre in the anime and now this...best week ever.

Chiikaboom
memes
Org Profile

Post by Chiikaboom » Wed May 28, 2014 4:05 pm

Why this series doesn't have a massive following is beyond me.

Probably the most well written shonen series I've ever seen. For me, Gon is probably the most unique protagonist in the genre and I love him to pieces.
Spoiler :
Granted the abomination Gon turns into is still something I refuse to acknowledge, as much as it makes sense given the logic in the series. >>;;
Image ImageImage

FarmXD
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Thu May 29, 2014 9:05 am

Chiikaboom wrote:Why this series doesn't have a massive following is beyond me.

Probably the most well written shonen series I've ever seen. For me, Gon is probably the most unique protagonist in the genre and I love him to pieces.
Perhaps is because of that; It's not cliche. It's an intelligent shounen and unique and it's difficult to follow for the massive audience that only want to watch the same thing over and over again (pijama ninjas...alternative samurais with swords as pets...fanservice, fanservice, online games with basic characters and fanservice...) Of course in Japan is one of the best selling mangas, but internationally...well, it's not naruto, you get my point.

Can't wait for the end of this arc. It's really sad, but I love the way Togashi closed it.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Thu May 29, 2014 5:12 pm

I'm trying to figure out what happens when the anime catches up with the manga, as there is only really 1 large arc left between the chimera ants arc and where the manga currently is. I imagine we'll be caught up in another 1-2 anime seasons (roughly a year). I can't imagine they would just start throwing out filler episodes as they would completely destroy the series for long term manga fans (who are most likely the core viewers). they would probably just have to half the series and wait for the manga to continue, which is exactly the problem the original series had.

FarmXD
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Thu May 29, 2014 6:30 pm

Agreed. It's not like the usual popular shounen adaptation, they'll stop the anime at the end of elections arc and it's a matter of time about how many chapters will Togashi draw until his next 2 year hiatus xP

requiett
Org Profile

Post by requiett » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:02 pm

After marathoning the 2011 series a few months ago, it's torture waiting a week for the next ep. I can't even imagine what it's like waiting for Togashi's manga hiatuses.

FarmXD
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:59 pm

requiett wrote: I can't even imagine what it's like waiting for Togashi's manga hiatuses.
It's like waiting for a new Berserk's chapter

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”