quality problems help

mulraf™
Org Profile

quality problems help

Post by mulraf™ » Sun May 25, 2014 1:43 pm

hey,

i'm not someone with extreme video quality standards, but i have some massive problems when rendering some clips with noise on it in after effects cs6. (using the noise effect).
here are my render settings in after effects (i hope it's detailed enough).

those are the results:

Image Image Image

however, i also tried rendering it as a quicktime animation. the quality was just what i was looking for:

Image Image

now you might be asking: why don't i just render the whole thing as quicktime? the problem here is that a 6 second video has 1.6 GB and i'm planning on uploading this on youtube and maybe even keeping the file size <200 MB so that others can download it in 60 FPS.
i also tried using the quicktime file and rerender that one as a h264 video (with the settings i use above), and it didn't change a thing.

it would be awesome if someone had a solution for this. if you have any questions just ask.
especially within the next 4 days would be awesome as this is for a tournament.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: quality problems help

Post by mirkosp » Mon May 26, 2014 12:27 am

Grain and compression don't go well together.
Ideally you should export as a lossless format and then compress with an external program, but keep in mind that in order to preserve the grain the filesize will skyrocket soon enough.

mulraf™
Org Profile

Re: quality problems help

Post by mulraf™ » Mon May 26, 2014 7:17 am

i c, thanks for the fast reply. guess there's no way to maintain the low filesize like this, which is pretty important for me as well. i'll be better off just ignoring it this time. or maybe i'll just try to use no grain on the scenes in question.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”