Date a Live

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Date a Live

Post by mirkosp » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:42 am

AniDB wrote:"30 years ago a large Spacequake occurred in Eurasia. 150 million people died and human life and infrastructure was laid to waste.
Spacequakes: A destructive phenomenon of unknown origin. Like the name says, it is a void which destroys everything in and around it. An unexplainable disaster. It has been thirty years after the apocalyptic Spacequake, in the six month that followed smaller scale Spacequakes occurred all over the planet. Japan, the place where I live, also faces similar occurrences. It is known as the South Kanto Void Zone. Twenty five year had passed without anything happening. But suddenly, five years ago, it started again, around the Tenguushi City area. This phenomenon increased by the day, and these occurrences seem to be centred around Japan." — Itsuka Shidou

As another Spacequake is about to hit the town, Itsuka Shidou and his class run for the shelters. Then he remembers how insistent his sister Kotori was about their meal at a family restaurant. He rushes back out into the open, when locating her GPS signal at said restaurant, frantically rushing to save her. When a Spacequake hits nearby, Shidou discovers a non-human girl, a Spirit named Yatogami Tooka, at the epicentre of the quake. Tooka asks him if he is also here to kill her. Still confused, several girls in combat suits, the Anti-Spirits Team (AST), among them his genius of a classmate Tobiichi Origami, attack Tooka. Shidou loses consciousness, awakening in sickbay, on board the Fraxinus, a floating ship located 15,000 metres above Tenguushi City.

The commander of this ship and the ongoing operation is none other than Shidou's sister Kotori! As she explains, when the Spirits drop down to Earth, this usually ends in a Spacequake occurrence. There are only two ways to stop a Spirit: one is to go on the offensive and kill it (rarely succeeds), the other, of all things, is to go on a date with the Spirit girl... and that will be Shidou's responsibility!

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Re: Date a Live

Post by Shinzui IT » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:25 pm

Will check out once I get the chance

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:10 am

what the hell is this. Not sure if good or just bad. We'll watch like 2 more episodes, I guess.
ImageImage

Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:22 am

Not really interesting for the moment.
I hope there will be some good battles action, but i don't expect more than that.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:07 pm

Wow, the stereotypes are overflowing in this series lol. This series knows it won't be able to be taken seriously so it fully embraces the rediculousness of its concept. If ep 1 left you feeling lukewarm I suggest you keep watching ep 2. I loved the introduction of the ship's crew. "The man with 100 waifu's, 'The Dimesion Breaker', Nakatsugawa". I think i'll like this series, it's a nice break after all the serious ones showing this season.

And the spirit of mass destruction turns out to be a
Spoiler :
tsundere
, you can't go wrong with that :P

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Mon May 19, 2014 7:22 am

Bumpity bump, because Date a Live II.

Jasta85
Org Profile