Grain in VirtualDub

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Re: Grain in VirtualDub

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:04 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:Nope...you are degrading the quality by reencoding...all you need to do is update ffms2 and install the latest AviSynth version, just as mirkosp said.
I did and it didn't work.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:53 am

I would suggest retracing your setup by reinstalling evening, just follow this guide and use the links provided and you should have no issues. If it still does not work message me on Skype and I'll help you troubleshoot to find the solution.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:54 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:I would suggest retracing your setup by reinstalling evening, just follow this guide and use the links provided and you should have no issues. If it still does not work message me on Skype and I'll help you troubleshoot to find the solution.
I appreciate it. Thank you.

I'm okay for now, but I will try this when I have the time.

pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Tue May 13, 2014 10:32 am

I know this is off topic, but does anyone know how to resize video? Going from 4:3 to 16:9 without stretching, like pan and scan without using a converter?

Bollocks
Deranged Baboon
Org Profile

Post by Bollocks » Wed May 14, 2014 2:57 am

pan_dbgt01 wrote:I know this is off topic, but does anyone know how to resize video? Going from 4:3 to 16:9 without stretching, like pan and scan without using a converter?
I don't think it's possible without at least some stretching or resizing. You could try panorama, but that stretches the edges of the video more to compensate for not stretching the center (or at least, that's how I understand it), so you'll still be stretching to some degree. The only other method I can think of is to crop it and then resize it.

Info about Panorama here and here.
"Never fall for a tennis player. Love means nothing to them"

Return to “AviSynth Help”