Anime Central 2014 AMV Contest [Winners Posted]

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
JediNight
Org Profile

Anime Central 2014 AMV Contest [Winners Posted]

Post by JediNight » Sun May 11, 2014 9:33 pm

Winners here: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 5#p1518327

Greetings everyone. I wanted to stop in to say that the contest is still rather low on entries, so I will be accepting them until Tuesday night May 13th if anyone has interest. Submission information can be found on http://www.acenamvcontest.org/ and sent to submissions@acenamvcontest.org

Some additional info left off the site: Files should have the category, name and/or studio, and title in the filename. Any additional info such as song or source footage can be included in the bumper as well, if you like. Besides FTP submission, several people have used sites like Sendspace to submit videos, which is fine with me as well. I'll be watching the submissions email closely between now and the con if anyone has questions about anything related to submissions, the contest, or the AMV room.

As for recent history as relates to Acen's contest and the Org:
Spoiler :
I know there has been a lot of bad blood related to the Acen contest in recent history, given how tight-knit the community is, but I'm hoping we might be able to turn the page at this point. I stepped in to coordinate the contest this year, as well as the AMV room. I helped judge the contest one year, and have been an avid fan of the AMV room and Iron Editor at Acen going back to the early 2000s. I was somewhat aware "through the grapevine" about issues related to AMVs at Acen before everything imploded, but certainly wanted to know more. I spoke with ngsilver et al about the issues they had, as well as spoke with related MAPS managers for their POV and how I could alleviate these issues in the future. I feel they can/should be worked out going forward.

Acen is one of the largest conventions in the country, and Chicago has been one of the earliest and greatest hubs of AMV creation in the US, so I feel it would be a shame for this to irreparably damage AMV representation at Acen. This is a great creative community, and it would be sad to not see a convention as large as Acen promoting AMVs and the overseas AMV community.

Even if you won't submit, I humbly ask you to at least keep an open mind if you happen to be at the con this year. Feel free to stop by the AMV room at any point, I'll be available to discuss anything if you would like. And I wasn't able to complete it in time for this year, but looking towards next year, I have several improvements in the works such as an account system on the website for online submission as well as prejudging; as well as online/mobile features for viewing the AMV catalog for requests, schedules, etc. that I would also like to make happen.
Nick Fox
Anime Central AMV Contest Coordinator
Last edited by JediNight on Tue May 20, 2014 5:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Nick Fox

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Re: Anime Central 2014 AMV Contest -- Deadline extension

Post by SailorDeath » Mon May 12, 2014 12:16 am

Heya Nick, Former acen amv coordinator hee, I want to wish you good luck. I submitted something this year too and hoping to see amvs pick up again. I know my departure really stymied the con but I don't hold a grudge or anything (I just was tired with all the yearly problems I was experiencing) I'll be coming up again on Saturday for the day so I'll be sure to stop by and say hi.
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon May 12, 2014 1:15 am

I did submit this year as well. I don't hold any grudges either. Not sure if I'll make it out or not this year (depends on if I can keep my weekend work free, which isn't looking too good right now) but I wish ya good luck. ACEN was one of the cons I based Youmacon's AMV programming and room off of so I hope things go well.
ImageImageImageImage

JediNight
Org Profile

Post by JediNight » Mon May 12, 2014 1:30 am

Np guys, and thank you. And didn't mean that I felt there was any actual ill will. I just felt something should be said to clear the air and my thoughts on what the AMV room and contest at Acen means to me and for the community at large. Hopefully brighter things are ahead from here on out again :)
Nick Fox

ProjectBarcodeError
Org Profile

Post by ProjectBarcodeError » Mon May 12, 2014 5:20 am

Never heard of any stories about Acen. Just wanna sent AMVs for sake of viewers enjoying AMVs. (but don't have time for the 1 second black, sorry)

On your way in the next minutes !

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Mon May 12, 2014 8:12 am

I have fond memories of Acen... one of my first Best of Shows awards

just sent 2 videos

outlawed
Org Profile

Post by outlawed » Mon May 12, 2014 5:18 pm

MaboroshiStudio wrote:I have fond memories of Acen... one of my first Best of Shows awards

just sent 2 videos
Freakshow part 4 featuring Attack on Titan?

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Mon May 12, 2014 5:52 pm

Too tame... hehe

Magicflier
Org Profile

Post by Magicflier » Mon May 12, 2014 6:15 pm

Entered an entry last minute. :3

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Mon May 12, 2014 10:38 pm

I'm a little confused about the online submission process. I have my entries uploaded to my dropbox, can I email you their links or do I need to go thru the FTP?

Return to “AMV Contests”