Spring 2014 anime chart

Jasta85
Org Profile

Spring 2014 anime chart

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:35 am

He are a couple of links, all show the same thing for the most part
http://livechart.me/spring
http://anichart.net/spring

So, sadly there is nothing that is getting me to dance in circles (kill la kill is a hard act to follow) but here is what I will be watching

Will (almost definitely) watch:
Hanamonogatari: It's a new bakemonogatari series, NOT the one I wanted (damn you give me adult shinobu backstory already) but it's bakemonogatari so I will be watching. please let this have more humor, the last series had too many sad moments, good series but I want comedy.
Fairy Tail - Love the manga, not quite as much as one piece but it's definitely in my top 10 manga series, glad they are finally continuing it. I believe they are still in the tournament so expect to see some kick ass action very soon after this begins.
Break Blade: Watched the OVA's of this and enjoyed them, not sure what to really expect of a TV series, hope it does a better of character development, other than that, we get to see mechs beat each other up in medieval times.
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: It's madhouse so i'll be watching it. unfortunately this sounds really similar to magical warefare which was overall pretty disappointing, but again, madhouse so I will be watching.
Captain Earth: The most generic looking mecha PV I've ever seen but it's Bones, so i'll be checking it out.
Date a Live II: My guilty pleasure of this season, fanservice in droves but I actually enjoyed season 1 for the most part after turning my brain off.

I don't know all the much about the other series this season, hopefully there will be some hidden jems in there like there was last season.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Re: Spring 2014 anime chart

Post by pacotacoshell » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:16 am

Most definitely Haikyuu. Might give some others a try but I haven't caught up with anime in a while so I'll probably finish last season's backlog first.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:55 pm

Hanamonogatari, Stardust Crusaders, Soul Eater Not, Dragon Ball Kai.

yay for sequels, remakes, remasters, and spinoffs |:>
Under Construction

UniqueDazZzle
worships at the Cult of D
Org Profile

Post by UniqueDazZzle » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:30 am

I will recommend some depending on what read their manga which I think are worth watching which are:

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei [ Read the manga last year it was interesting ]
Haikyuu!! [ at last we got a volleyball anime :D ]
No Game No Life [ very promising anime !! ]
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou [ must for Romance/Comedy fans ]
Brynhildr in the darkness [ IDK why but I like it ]

Just my opinion, that does not count after all so ignore it xD
#Get_Dazzled
Be classy, sassy and a bit smart assy !!

Bollocks
Deranged Baboon
Org Profile

Post by Bollocks » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:10 pm

I'd urge anyone to check out Stardust Crusaders and Ping Pong, as they are both freaking awesome.

Also, I'm fairly sure I'll be keeping up with Love Live once I've finished the first season.
"Never fall for a tennis player. Love means nothing to them"

Joe88
Org Profile

Post by Joe88 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:52 pm

Soul Eater Not!
-A bit disappointed in this, its now a slice of life moeblob anime, maybe I was expecting too much because I thought it would at least be somewhat similar to the last series

Gokukoku no Brynhildr
-i'm enjoying it so far, though a few have said it will turn into a gore fest later on which will turn alot of people off

Black Bullet
-I dropped it after 2 eps, the show was just boring, and I think pretty much everyone hates the loli who keeps trying to throw herself onto some high school kid

Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin
-so far so good, nothing really to complain about, story seems pretty interesting to keep watching

Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to
-very funny so far, it seems its a bit underrated so it might fly under a lot of peoples radars

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
-story seems a bit on the duller side, will keep watching though to see if it gets any better

No Game, No Life
-so far its pretty enjoyable

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:56 pm

Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii: Definitely one of the top series for this season, a little slow to get started but I like the characters and the scene where she sings to call in the rain was really well done. Animation is pretty basic but I do enjoy the tiny bits of humor thrown in everywhere.

No Game No Life: My top competitor for best series of this season. I really like both main characters, they may be NEETs but they're both super intelligent and actually really cool, I also like the reltationship between the brother and sister, they both care for each other but not in a creepy incest way heh. like in the first episode where they're falling out of the sky and the brother uses his body to save his sister (wasn't necessary but still did a lot to show what his priorities are)

Black Bullet: Actually enjoying this show somewhat, mainly because the action so far has been really well done (if really short). hopefully we'll see more later

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: The sister is clingy as hell and kind of annoying but I like the brother, definitely has a lot of potential

Captain Earth: The mecha transformation scene in the first ep was really well done, reminds me of old school power rangers type stuff. The show as a whole really reminds me of star driver (no surprise as the same people are making both series) but even the libido powered mechs is back. at least there are actual mechs this time and not just some virtual reality version of them, that kinda killed the suspense of the other series for me

Break Blade: Is this actually a TV series? it looks like they are just reshowing the OVA's. no complaints there as the OVA's are well done but I was hoping for a new series, oh well

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:43 pm

Hahaha, just watched ep 2 of no game no life, I take back what I said about them not having a creepy relationship (no incest, but definitely not normal hehe). Ep 2 had so much over the top humor, definitely confirmed as my favorite series this season, madhouse did a great job with the animation on this one, zero complaints

Return to “General Anime”