Otafest 2014 AMV Contest - With Winners

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
ranmaman
Org Profile

Re: Otafest 2014 AMV Contest - 24 Hours to go!

Post by ranmaman » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:15 am

UGH!! working hard..ish on video to get it done.. not really sure how good it will really be... but if some how can't get it done it time, will send something else.. haven't set up the forms for either entry yet as not positive to send for the other one, but got an idea... working over nights and sleeping during the days really takes away from editing time XD... i'll probabl yhave to some how rush it to get it done, hoping it doesn't suffer too bad from doing so..

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Re: Otafest 2014 AMV Contest - 2 days to go - need more!

Post by Ileia » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:55 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
Ileia wrote:Orite, I should upload. You want the original censored version or the ULTRA EXTRA SUPER CENSORED DELUXE WITH CHEESE VALUE MEAL version ?
If it's the same version as Sakura-Con, all you need to do is send me the entry info as I got the video already... I'll probably use the super censored one as us Canadians seem to get gitty at the sign of too much red blood :awesome:

Vlad
Okay, info emailed. Let me know if you need a full address, though, as the address I gave for Sakura-con is actually old now. And my current address will be changing in a month. Let's just say I'm temporarily on the lamb. >_>
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:21 pm

Ileia wrote:
Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
Ileia wrote:Orite, I should upload. You want the original censored version or the ULTRA EXTRA SUPER CENSORED DELUXE WITH CHEESE VALUE MEAL version ?
If it's the same version as Sakura-Con, all you need to do is send me the entry info as I got the video already... I'll probably use the super censored one as us Canadians seem to get gitty at the sign of too much red blood :awesome:

Vlad
Okay, info emailed. Let me know if you need a full address, though, as the address I gave for Sakura-con is actually old now. And my current address will be changing in a month. Let's just say I'm temporarily on the lamb. >_>
I always check addresses after for all winners anyway
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

ranmaman
Org Profile

Post by ranmaman » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:06 pm

2 Videos Submitted!

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:33 pm

Just the flood gates opened up! Will try to catch up tonight as best as possible

Vlad

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Re: Otafest 2014 AMV Contest - Closed for Submissions

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:27 am

Thanks to everyone who entered, it was raining entries these last couple of days!

I have all caught up and if you had entered, you should of received a confirmation e-mail

We got a total of 87 accepted entries and it looks to be the best contest ever for Otafest (Not bad for the Contests 10th Anniversary!!!)

Vlad

Sephiroth
Org Profile

Post by Sephiroth » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:18 am

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
Sephiroth wrote:Sent an entry about a week ago.
Yes you did, and you should of gotten a confirmation e-mail :up:

Vlad
Thanks, was in spam folder.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Re: Otafest 2014 AMV Contest - Now with Finalists

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sat May 03, 2014 2:11 am

Finalists posted on the first page....

Lots of great entries this year which made it very tough on the judges

Vlad

ranmaman
Org Profile

Post by ranmaman » Sat May 03, 2014 3:38 am

wow.. shut out again.. and seeing like half the list has x2 by them, it really just doesn't seem like there's much point to submitting anymore :( .. That and by checking My Media Fire page... apparently my first entry didn't even get downloaded....but shows the 2nd entry got downloaded twice.... so even if it wouldn't have made the finals.. seems if it didn't even get judged seems a bit unfair

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sat May 03, 2014 10:43 am

ranmaman wrote:wow.. shut out again.. and seeing like half the list has x2 by them, it really just doesn't seem like there's much point to submitting anymore :( .. That and by checking My Media Fire page... apparently my first entry didn't even get downloaded....but shows the 2nd entry got downloaded twice.... so even if it wouldn't have made the finals.. seems if it didn't even get judged seems a bit unfair
Firstly, both your video were accepted, Your confirmations included both..

Secondly. All videos are judged by a panel of judges (this year 9 judges) blind (I.e. no credits or who the creator is shown)... The people judging put a lot of time into this and no one is favoured or judged "unfair". They are judged completely on their own merits regardless of who made the videos.

I hope your not suggesting that the judging was unfair just because you did not make the finals. I you have issues with how this contest (or any other one for that matter is run), I suggest you discuss that with the Contest Coordinator before suggesting it's not run fairly.

Thanks,

Vlad

Return to “AMV Contests”