Favorite editors and influences

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Re: Favorite editors and influences

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:21 pm

My 5 favorite editors that are still editing are Ileia, Gotegenks, becauseimbored1, l33tmeatwad, and Rider4Z. For retired editors, I really like Beowulf, Exsphere, Nekoteo, and Sierra Lorna.

machina21
Org Profile

Post by machina21 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:06 pm

In terms of overall influence: qwaqa.

Never will be able to match the talent, inventiveness and just plain watchability that all his stuff seemed to have. But his work does serve as a constant reminder that whatever I'm doing is crap and I always have to look to improve. If I could edit like anyone, it would be qwaqa.

Castor Troy is pretty special to me just because it's not often you get to meet and become friends with people that influence you. If Castor's videos taught me anything it's to think outside the box. Before I saw "Go the Distance", AMV's were pretty much the same: Here are some scenes, here is some music, that's it. The idea of mixing live action footage with anime footage was completely alien to me and I've tried to always try new things with every video.

Once upon a time I used to be a huge fan of Driftroot's videos, especially "Takeout". A very sharp eye for detail and the ability to convey well thought out critique has made Driftroot an indispensable collaborator on videos. Just wish she edited more. :ying:

The one and only Sephiroth has been a good friend and collaborator as well. His biggest gift has been his library of old and non archived AMVs that have allowed to see just how far this hobby has come. Always good to talk to about anything.

Honorable mention: Russia, because Russian editors are awesome. :beer:
"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere."

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:35 am

My top favourite editor ever is Cross/fade of course. I'd probably never edit if I hadn't crossed upon his 'Festival of Life'. Seeing someone edit music from Lord of the Dance made me want to edit more myself.

Second person to mention is Umika, her editing style really influenced mine and she kinda showed me what kind of videos I would like to do. It's not that I wanted to copy her style, I just realised which way I want to go.

Third person would be qwaqa. His professional style got me really motivated to improve and reach that level one day.

Apart from that I really have a huge respect to editors like Arczi. AceMan, inCluDe (bobok), immo_love, Kosmit. And I really really enjoy works by pacotacoshell, lolligerjoj, EllipseIris and goRz.

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:41 am

Sorry for the double post. One person more:
Rebelion. I feel his style is very clean and professional and I rewatch his works very often.

slimed
Org Profile

Post by slimed » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:55 am

favorite editors and/or editors that have influenced me in some way down the line: scorpionp, copycat_revolver, umika, ileia, reggiesmalls, fall_child42, absolutedestiny, farmxd, sierra lorna (some more recent than others). and exsphere was probably my first editing influence.

PantherMarie1988
Org Profile

Post by PantherMarie1988 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:08 pm

you know, there is this one princess tutu editor that made me want to be a part of the community - she hasn't made an AMV in years and tbh, by my standards now, she really isn't that great but that's not the point ^^

https://www.youtube.com/user/Shiirahime

I look up to a lot of people, but over the years, these are the ones that I would say have had any "major" impact on me:
JaddziaDax, Doki Doki Productions, xWhispersReloaded, SapphireStar26, ShinAMV, JazzsVids, chiikaboom, Radical Yue & IleiaAMVs

...granted, some of them I might not still hold at the same level of godliness that I once did, but that's also not the point ;3

& I'd also mention oOPrettywinxOo - not as an editor as a whole but this one AMV definitely in 2010 had some random influence not on my editing per say but my life and that's really special and pretty dang awesome to be able to be able to do that =w=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDo_C_H4ovg
Hi There!
youtube / MAL / tumblr
Stalk Me On All Of Them To Receive A Cookie Reward

macchinainterna
Org Profile

Post by macchinainterna » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:41 am

Tyler_yj is still my most favorite editor and his work continues to be a significant inspiration for me. Fluxmeister, Ileia, JudgeHolden and EclipseJPX are also among my most favorite editors. Many of my other favorites include my close friends from CDVV and DZ-Studios.

As for influences, I've found that I've learned a little bit of everything from just talking with my friends about editing.

In the beginning it was JudgeHolden and silver_moon that gave me great advice on my first couple of videos that helped me to improve greatly on my editing.

Fall_Child42 has been especially helpful in discussing proper use of crossfades and improving on my internal and lyric sync. He was also really helpful in teaching me how to lip sync with MLP.

JaddziaDax's tutorial videos for how to use Sony Vegas 6 also helped me become more comfortable with the program.

ZephyrStar explained how to use After Effects to me, which allow for me to experiment with effects for the first time.

There are many others, but these were the people who I remember best that helped me to improve my editing and style.

Chiikaboom
memes
Org Profile

Post by Chiikaboom » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:41 pm

Inverse, Sierra Lorna and silver moon |:>
Image ImageImage

taniichan
Org Profile

Post by taniichan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:48 pm

my favorite editor has been zZMireiyuZz for a while.
Reason : She literally made me start editing , I loved it so I started myself. Also I just adore her character and person. She was like, everything to me.
And my inspirations right now are JazzsVids and Umika..
tani out.

Changelling
with double L
Org Profile

Post by Changelling » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:44 pm

Its FarmXD for me, reason would be that his works are simply what I wish mine would end up like in the future xD

Return to “General AMV”