Appropriate for all audiences?

amadib
Org Profile

Appropriate for all audiences?

Post by amadib » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:05 pm

Hello, I have an concern regarding the featured video:
Centurione Pandora
Personally I see the artistic merit behind the featured video, but I honestly believe it should not be displayed as a marquee video. I don't want to open a debate, but I would like to share deeply held belief that videos that contain similar content should not be used to advertise this community or its content.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=194256

Thanks, Respectfully,
ai

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Re: Appropriate for all audiences?

Post by Animated » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:15 pm

Why not? No gore, no nude scenes (almost...), only stylised romance and passion. I don't see anything wrong with this video, it's the best kind of advertisement for this site, by being SO good.

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:16 pm

Also, was that your first post after... 12 years? :up:

amadib
Org Profile

Post by amadib » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:54 pm

Animated wrote:Why not? No gore, no nude scenes (almost...), only stylised romance and passion. I don't see anything wrong with this video, it's the best kind of advertisement for this site, by being SO good.
I have not seen many well done amvs using with this genre - which is telling of the creators talents. However I found that the "stylized romance and passion" with "almost no nude scenes" too sensualized and not appropriate for all audiences.

I am not requesting it to be hidden or filtered.
Animated wrote:Also, was that your first post after... 12 years? :up:
Yes it was. :?: The admins can verify that I am a supporter of the site |:> and hope they'll accommodate my request.

Respectfully,
ai

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:07 pm

The entire site isn't appropriate for all audiences, nor does it claim to be, nor should it be.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

amadib
Org Profile

Post by amadib » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:46 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:The entire site isn't appropriate for all audiences, nor does it claim to be, nor should it be.
I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts, but your statement is baseless - as you'll see the mission statement from the About Us
This is Kris (aka. Phade) and I would like to welcome you to www.AnimeMusicVideos.org. My goal with this web site is to create a place where people who enjoy and create anime music videos can get together, share ideas, learn from one another, and ultimately have everyone creating and enjoying better videos.
note: emphases mine

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:32 pm

Hi there! I might not be the right person to answer this thread, but well, the part of About Us you quoted doesn't state anything about appropriate-or-not content. Yes, we get all the warnings about not putting gore or strong sexual content but this video is no more erotic than any other ecchi video with pants everywhere or kinky songs. It's just sensual in a serious, not comedy/fanservice way. I did care to cover all details if there were some in some scenes but it's not like the motive of femme fatale is something 'inappropriate'. They even teach us about it in schools, right ;)

amadib
Org Profile

Post by amadib » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:33 pm

:bzz: Enter Centurione :bzz2: a pleasant surprise

I want you to know that I enjoyed your video and I am not just paying you lip service, and as I praised your earlier in this thread, the video is really well done and telling of your talents; to cover a complex subject and difficult genre and produce a riveting and award winning video.

With all due respect, the explanation of your video above sets us up to shift the conversation built upon fallacies. I feel I must again reiterate; I do not intend for this conversation to hijacked in defense of art, freedom of expression, or in defence of your hard work. I also did not intend to single out your video, but it was the first one in 12 years I have seen on this site that compelled me to submit this post.

This website has nurtured a community over the many years and has churned out brilliant masterpieces; introduced us to animes and music we didn't know existed and it was built upon that mission statement above. When the mission statement mentions everyone that means a general audience. If we can pull a comparison, movie trailers follow a similar format, where the subject matter may or may not be age appropriate for all ages, the trailer is reviewed and deemed acceptable for the general public. This is my recommendation for marquee videos.

I did notice your care in covering most details but the sensuality is too extreme and borders on erotic, but I sincerely I hope you can also understand and appreciate my reasoning. Schools usually teach us human reproduction but do not teach us sensuality or intimacy. Many of us were introduced to Animes not as Animes but as dubbed cartoons - and with time we learned of the Japanese Animation. For our younger community members who have not had "the talk" or gone through your school system, will not understand or appreciate the art. For instance when an older community member brought in Ninja Scroll and showed it to a group of about 30 of us I was just 10 years old - I did not understand what I saw - and I cannot expect our younger community members to understand the sensuality you are artistically portraying.

Someone somewhere will take offense; to sexuality, violence, language, etc - this will be extremely difficult to enforce and a nightmare for the admins. That is why I am only requesting a careful selection of videos be permitted as marquee video previews on the main page. Now this is not an easy recommendation for me to make, especially since your video was selected most recently as Most Artistic Video ( congrats |:> btw)

I have repeatedly defended your work prior to your post, and this recommendation is not meant to discredit your work or some how slow traffic, although the latter is an possible ramification. If anything, this conversation may have helped drive traffic as well, so... you're welcome :wink:

I am vested in this community, as a longtime member and donor, and as such, I feel I have an obligation to share my strong convictions. Likewise, you as an active community member, contributor and peer, have every right to disagree with what I have suggested, however, I ask that you or anyone who would like to share their thoughts to engage in a constructive dialog. I am not advocating for censorship, flagging videos or making them age restrictive.

Honestly, I do not want to see a rating system and happy with the current system. I don't want to repeat my previous comments above and hope that if anyone would like to comment to read them in full. I hope the admins will read and act accordingly in the best interests of preserving this great community.

All the best,
ai

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:06 pm

The administration doesn't often answer this section of the forums (at least not in recent years), you're better off sending a private message to one of them ( http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/m ... p&g=717536 Phade and dero are not really active or likely to respond, I suggest Glory Questor or Radical_Yue). It might get you a more direct answer since, as you said, you're not really looking to debate it.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:06 pm

You've been watching videos here for twelve years and hadn't come across a video with worst content than Pandora ?
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”