FINAL RESULTS - Round 3 Rankings

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

FINAL RESULTS - Round 3 Rankings

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:38 pm

Round 3 Judging Results

Overall Rankings

Thank you all for participating in the first ever AMV Roulette! I'm actually really sad to see the contest come to an end. I know all of the judges loved seeing all the amazing videos you all came up with and I really hope everyone had a fun time. :3
We've given out a couple judge awards for some of our personal favorites in the contest.

First place winner, please contact Kisanzi with which prize you want and (if applicable) your mailing address.
Second place winner, please also contact Kisanzi with your address.

Seriously, you all are freaking amazing! Thank you for making this contest a success!

Top 3 Overall
1st Place - Copycat_Revolver
2nd Place - AquaSky
3rd Place- ailynerie

Judge's Personal Awards

Kisanzi
The Who Made This and Where Can I See More? Award - "Hotstepper" - ailynerie
The Slickest Slickness of Slick Videos Award - "Killer" - SVProductions
The I Could Watch That Girl Wiggle Her Fingers Forever Award - "Rock Your Body" - RhymeticA

Radical_Yue
The "A-A-Awesome" Award - "Killer" - SVProductions
The "NO TIME TO GIVE AWAR-" Award - "No Time To Talk" - Phlashbak
The "So Much Heart" Award - "Two Hearts, One Mind" - MinetChan

Aerialesque
The Pineapple AMWine - Shui
Attack On Retard - MentalTsui
Killer - SVProductions

Replay Studios
Attack on Retard - MentalTsui - My Mommy Says That I'm A Good Editor Award
Tiny Japanese Girl - MinetChan - Daddy Would You Like Some Sausage? Award
Pots and Pans - Iron Solari - Fuck Anime, I Will Make My Own Animation Award

Fall_Child42
Untilted (The Award) - Untitled - Brad
Best editor that I like the most that i didn't know before this contest began. - Slimed
When looking through the fridge you are the kid that stopped at 'purple stuff' - Caramella Bam - Shui

Brad
Org Profile

Re: FINAL RESULTS - Round 3 Rankings

Post by Brad » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:48 pm

I won the thiiiinnnggg
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Phlashbak
is a failure
Org Profile

Post by Phlashbak » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:57 pm

I'm gonna go cry thinking about giraffe that I'll never have

Replay Studios
A Studio Within A Studio
Org Profile

Post by Replay Studios » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:03 pm

sorry phlashbak, we didnt mean for the lion to eat the giraffe

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:41 am

Congratulations Copycat_Revolver! Your "Blue Brain Conundrum" is my favorite Video overall and the "The Perils of Galaxy Bouncing" my 2nd favorite.
I will watch those two AMVs a lot.
Radical_Yue wrote: Aerialesque
The Pineapple AMWine - Shui
Fall_Child42
When looking through the fridge you are the kid that stopped at 'purple stuff' - Caramella Bam - Shui
Thank you so much for the personal awards. I feel like a winner now :asd:

A big thanks to the organizers (Kisanzi & Yue) it was a blast editing crappy videos for your entertainment!

I think I'll fix up Pineapple AMWine since I loved editing it and had the most solid concept.

Personally I like my first video the best because I put the coolest fx & sync-work in there :D (fuck comedy)
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

Kagacie
YEAY I SCREWED FROM THE START,I'M A FAILURE IN LIFE :D
Org Profile

Post by Kagacie » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:14 am

overall it was a fun and interesting contest it helped me learn a lot of new stuff.
I agree with the judges my last video was shit :awesome:
I met some new awesome editors and had a lot of fun.
and my last video again SHIT due too time XD had the idea of turning it fully in a game setting but ended going for a intro thingy cause of time :| :cry:
I will miss you giraffe we could have been best friends I would have have taken you to the biggest park in the world and watch you eat all the trees just all day .
I would make you the biggest giraffe in the world and watch you grow up in this big world to let you go once you are ready to step out on your own and follow you dreams.
but it seems that that will not happen today I did not fight hard enough for you and I lost you I sorry I will remeber you as the giraffe you could have been.
goodbye mister Giraffe

Azexous
has a bleak short life of editing chinese cartoons and pursuing money until his inevitable bacon coma at the age of 30
Org Profile

Post by Azexous » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:27 am

AHHHHHHHHHHH SO CLOSE TO TOP 3 IT PHYSICALLY HURTS
Radical_Yue wrote: Replay Studios
Attack on Retard - MentalTsui - My Mommy Says That I'm A Good Editor Award
YAAAAAAAAAAY I GOT AN AWARD!!

Seriously, this contest was a total fun despite having terrifying requirements. I'm more than happy to try this again just to see the most hilarious yet atrocious requirement combinations.
Congratulations to all the winners! You all did wonderful edits. And everyone else also did a great job.

Looking forward to see this contest announced next year. ;D

AquaSky
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by AquaSky » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:05 am

Yay, I came pretty close! Congrats, Adam. You had a strong showing all three rounds, and it was a well-deserved win. Good job to all the contestants as well, there were definitely lots of standout entries that will make awesome final videos.

Thank you to Yue and kisanzi for coordinating this contest. It's a ton of work to take on, and a whole lot of time to invest, and it's much appreciated. Thanks to the judges for your detailed reviews as well. I think everyone here has really enjoyed the experience.

I definitely have. I've done more editing in the past few weeks than I have in the past few years. It's been a great motivator, and a reminder of how much fun this hobby can be. Thank you for rekindling my interest. Can't wait for next year's AMV Roulette. |:>

ailynerie
Org Profile

Post by ailynerie » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:42 am

Hahahaha yeaaa the name of my award though xD

Good job to all the contestants!!! Thank you to Yue and Kisanzi for coordinating this contest and the judges for your detailed reviews/criticism, the staff is so pro :)

AngelDragoon
Org Profile

Post by AngelDragoon » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:42 pm

Wooo, top 10! That just made my day. :up:

Great job all around to the participants, and congrats to the winners! Enjoy that stuffed giraffe...or any of the other prizes offered, lol.

Return to “AMV Roulette 2014”