Adobe AE; Making the WHOLE amv there?

BungiJumpMeh1
Org Profile

Adobe AE; Making the WHOLE amv there?

Post by BungiJumpMeh1 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:56 am

So; I've seen that some people have made their whole video in ae, I could do that I'd think to myself, I only use sv for cutting clips from the 24 minute episode, so on that note, when in ae and You can click alt+Bracket to trim, but it doesn't actually cut down the whole thing right? there's still a part there, where the video wont show up (cause you trimmed it) if I'm getting my point straight? so I'm basically asking is there some secret I don't know about, about making videos from large sources (Whole episodes, movies) I'd like to know how some of you guys make the whole thing in ae ^^ without any other programs (other than photoshop :P)

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Re: Adobe AE; Making the WHOLE amv there?

Post by l33tmeatwad » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:28 am

After Effects isn't made for cutting video, that is what Premiere is for, After Effects is for exactly what the name says, effects...Adobe had dynamic linking between the two so that it's somewhat settles, but it's not perfect. To answer your question about making clips, you are correct, it cannot make clips. You can hide parts of a video, but the entire length shows on the timeline and there is a layer for each video.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

BungiJumpMeh1
Org Profile

Post by BungiJumpMeh1 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:34 pm

Hmm ok! Would premiere make it easier to work in ae ? I've seen the option to import from premiere, so I'm guessing so :P cause I'm constantly rendering each clip and importing to ae,

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:27 pm

Kinda....it doesn't really like clips with altered speed, but for the most part it works rather nice.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:25 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:Kinda....it doesn't really like clips with altered speed, but for the most part it works rather nice.
it also doesn't like clips that have certain attributes enabled... like "scale to frame size." Clips with altered speed used to just flat-out not work in Adobe CS6 and below... in CC it works... sometimes...

BungiJumpMeh1
Org Profile

Post by BungiJumpMeh1 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:53 pm

Hmm ok thanks! :D I might have to get it xD

mulraf™
Org Profile

Post by mulraf™ » Sun May 25, 2014 2:39 pm

guess i'm a bit late here.... whatever, i'll just add this:

i'm making the whole amv there and i don't see a problem at all.
i'd rather say it's something you have to get used to.
i once tried getting sony vegas but i kinda sucked with it, as i had no alternative (i used the trial versions of about 20 other editing programs up) i chose to just use ae, for cutting as well, and ended up being happy with it after like 1 or 2 months.
if you're speaking about getting all the clips into one timeline as in other softwares there really isn't a usual way to do that in ae, but if you feel that things are getting unorganized you just make a quick (strg + shift + c) to pre-compose everything and you have everything in one composition again.... which at least kinda is like what you asked.

i wouldn't be able to return to another software to cut everything as i find myself limited if i don't always have the posibilities offered by after effects and i think it is a good way to improve your skills concerning the effects there as well. you can do pretty much anything you can do in other programs (except for maybe the 3D stuff like in cinema 4d and so on), even if it might take a while.

mulraf™
Org Profile

Post by mulraf™ » Sun May 25, 2014 2:41 pm

uh... ctrl + shift + c

i'm new here. can't edit my posts i guess, huh?

Return to “Video Editing Software”