Can't find proper project/export settings

Tarage
Org Profile

Can't find proper project/export settings

Post by Tarage » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:04 pm

So, here's the deal. I made an abomination. I was trying to make an animated logo for myself to put in front of my videos, and since I'm a programmer, I did it all programmatically in actionscript. I managed to get out a render of it in mov format in 1080/720. I also have an mp3 that has been edited and trimmed to exactly the right size for the video. Now I need to paste the two of them together. Here in lies the problem.

For the life of me, I can't get Premiere to export a file in any format that doesn't
A. Degrade the quality tremendously
B. Screw up the video by putting black bars around the video

I've even had a friend of mine who works as a video editor try it and he can't figure it out.

I can provide the files if that would help. All I want is to slap the audio onto the video. No editing, no effects, just glue.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re: Can't find proper project/export settings

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:33 pm

Export uncompressed. Use something else to mux and/or encode (like virtualdub). If you want to join the audio and video, make sure you have the "export audio" box checked.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Tarage
Org Profile

Post by Tarage » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:00 am

I'm afraid I'm stuck with the .mov file. It was the only attempt that produced a workable video.

Tarage
Org Profile

Post by Tarage » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:35 am

Oh my gosh this is so dumb.

I found out a setting that doesn't screw up the aspect ratio. Turns out what I wanted was DVCPROHD.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”