Avisynth not displaying mkv and avi files

jediphoenix
Org Profile

Avisynth not displaying mkv and avi files

Post by jediphoenix » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:31 pm

When I open an MKV file in AVSPmod, it will display some of it mostly in black with some colored blocks of the footage showing. I currently have CCCP - some forums I found mentioned using ffdshow, but that didn't work. I also tried updating the ffms.dll and .avs files as recommended by another forum post to someone who was having the same issue, but that didn't work either.

In regards to avi files, I get the error "avisource couldn't locate a decompressor for fourcc".

In both instances, I've been able to open these types of files in the past with no issue, but I the only thing I can remember that changed was I strictly went with CCCP instead of other codec packs and other codecs (hence why I tried reinstalling ffdshow again to see if it might help).
Gspot has listed that the required codec for the avi is installed, but it won't display any information regarding the mkv.

Any thoughts? :oops:

jediphoenix
Org Profile

Re: Avisynth not displaying mkv and avi files

Post by jediphoenix » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:37 pm

Ah. Well it looks like changing from DirectShowSource and AVISource to FFVideoSource did the trick! :ying:

jediphoenix
Org Profile

Post by jediphoenix » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:43 pm

Also, not really a big deal, but just something I'm curious about - I have the ffms files in my avisynth plugins, but if I were to try opening a file in avspmod with 'FFmpegSource' it says it can't find the function. Is FFVideoSource the same thing as FFmpegSource?

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:06 am

FFMpegSource2() is defined by ffms2.avsi and FFVideoSource() is defined by ffms2.dll. If AvsP does not recognize it, then it is apparently not loading the avsi file, you could manually import it in the script when using that software.

As for the AviSource error, that basically means it can't find the codec to decode the video. If you have CCCP installed your system will play anything, but those are direct show filters and will not work with AviSource, you would need the actual codec installed to decode that particular AVI (and I would highly recommend doing that).
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Return to “Video Editing Software”