I need help.

Sephirothskr
One Winged Angel
Org Profile

I need help.

Post by Sephirothskr » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:59 pm

-sigh- I'm a little upset about one of my videos. It's one of the ones I worked EXTREMELY hard on last year and is one of my greatest works.
But..
I used several animes in it including Attack on titan. Why is that a problem? Because it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to find any footage without the little logo at top right. I can get 1080 footage but they ALWAYS have that logo. Because of that, it gets disqualified from every contest. I don't know what to do. This video was a finalist in a contest last year yet it's SO hard to find any contest that'll accept it. It's really depressing. I just dunno what to do. Any advice?

AngelDragoon
Org Profile

Re: I need help.

Post by AngelDragoon » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:35 pm

(I think this belongs in the footage help section of the site, buuut I'll go ahead and answer it anyway...)

You have a few options. One is the replace the watermarked footage with actual DVD/Bluray clips. The other is to crop out the logo using your editing program, (or crop the entire video to get rid of it using Avisynth, but I wouldn't recommend it since the rest of your footage will be zoomed-in/cropped as well). There are also filters/scripts you can use in Avisynth to get rid of the logo, but it's generally a rather tedious process. The first two options are probably your best options. :up:

Sephirothskr
One Winged Angel
Org Profile

Post by Sephirothskr » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:53 pm

I have been unable to find DVD footage. I don't think it exists as of now.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:27 pm

Moved to the correct section of the forum.

Basically what AngelDragoon said is correct. =w=

I'll PM you in private though.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:35 pm

Attack on titan's out in BD only in Japan, but japanese BDs ain't cheap AT ALL.
A simple and somewhat acceptable solution is to buy a Crunchyroll subscription and then rip CR's 1080p stream, which looks good enough most of the time (and is good enough in this specific case).
Alternatively you could wait for the western home video release, which is sure to come since the show did well, and just buy the American BDs when they are released (which come at much more reasonable price tags).

It's not this case, but just for the record, for logo removal needs, on tv-only sources (such as some specials which never were released in home video formats; computer revolution and hotori come to mind), the best solution is to use eraselogo (guide in french): first you need to make an lgd in aviutl, then use that lgd in avisynth with the eraselogo filter. To clean up the leftovers, you could use logonr and/or fslg_smooth_eraselogo. Then again this all needs that you have at least a basic understanding of avisynth; if you don't you should try to Read <a href=http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtech31/>ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides Lovingly Overhauled Largely by Zarxrax</a> first.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”