What are you playing?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Re: What are you playing?

Post by AimoAio » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:48 am

Ijexis wrote:and way too much Final Fantasy XIV.
This. What server are you on?

Also Bravely Default is now back in stock and I'm contemplating on getting that too....and also Tales of Symphonia comes out the end of this month. So many games to play....XD

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:24 am

AimoAio wrote: Also Bravely Default is now back in stock and I'm contemplating on getting that too....and also Tales of Symphonia comes out the end of this month. So many games to play....XD
My Bravely Default Collector's Edition shipped today... looking forward to playing that, the demo was awesome!

Right now I'm playing Dark Souls on the PC. Fantastic game, I'm really enjoying it, even when I'm getting pummeled by Silver Knights firing javelins at me while gargoyles hit me in the back with lightning spears. :up:

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:03 pm

Silent Hill HD Collection. Oh boy... not impressed. I started with the third game, since it's my favorite thing in the history of ever, and I can already tell that this is going to be not-so-wonderful. The new voice acting is awful, and the framerate chugs embarrassingly. The visuals/imagery in SH3 were always my favorite part of the game, and so I was really excited to see them in glorious HD, but I think I may stick to my PS2 version. Not to say I won't play this all the way through and do all the unlocking of stuff, but it's just a little depressing to see something I loved get treated poorly.

Also, to kill time during my lunches at work, I started bringing my Gameboy to play (GBA, to be exact, because I'm old school like that). Way back in the day, I had played through Final Fantasy I in the Dawn of Souls GBA set, including all of the extra dungeons and whatnot, but I never bothered to do FFII, so I finally got around to starting that. Aaaaand now I'm not doing it. The game is very obviously herds you towards certain areas on the world map and puts obscenely powerful enemies where it doesn't want you to be. I stepped onto the wrong part and saved my game before I realized I was in the "bad part of town," only to take one more step and get into a random encounter that killed me. So I reloaded my file, took one step, got into a fight, died. I reset the game, loaded my file, took one step, got into a fight, died. I turned off the handheld, turned it back on, loaded my file, took one step, got into a fight, died. I can't fight; I can't run. The only way to fix this is to restart the game from the beginning. Fuck. That. Shit.

Speaking of things to which I'd flip the bird, my brother loaned me Kingdom Hearts 1.5 ReMix, and I played KH1 all the way through. It was as clunky and endearing and wonderful as I remember it, but you know what? I just do NOT feel like grinding on a bunch of stupid special Heartless for a few new items. You know, it would have been one thing if I just had to fight each one once or maybe a few times, but the amount of grinding that's expected here is ridiculous. I'm a pretty patient person when it comes to videogames, but no thanks. Not this time.

In other news, I racked up a couple of gift cards from doing online surveys, so I was able to get my own copy of Journey: Collector's Edition, as well as BioShock Infinite at no extra cost to myself. I was surprised to find the latter for so cheap already, but pleasantly so. Of course, I really want to replay and play the first two games, respectively, before I start that, so it'll be a while before I get around to it.

Oh, and I don't remember if I mentioned that I got Silent Hill: Homecoming some months ago. I always said I wouldn't get it 'til it was in the bargain bin, and it finally was. I was also eying Silent Hill: Downpour the other day with the gift cards, but it's not dirt cheap enough yet for my tastes. Totally not paying more than ten bucks for that.

Jwalk0
Org Profile

Post by Jwalk0 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:54 pm

Spyro The Dragon
Spyro The Dragon 2
Spyro The Dragon 3
ImageImageImage
What an awesome throwback week of my childhood this was. What has happened to Spyro after 2000 has been nothing short of an abomination.
"Someday humankind will come to understand one another! I sincerely believe that!" Fei Fong Wong
"We live to make the impossible possible! That is our Focus!" Claire 'Lightning' Farron
"Believe in yourself, and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." Toonami

The Lord Jesus Christ is the only way.
Image Image

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:35 am

DayZ with Pwolf, Oto and Jesse.

Never forget..

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:52 am

uuuuhg -_-

FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:19 pm

Tales of the abyss :D

Ijexis
Org Profile

Post by Ijexis » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:41 am

AimoAio wrote:
Ijexis wrote:and way too much Final Fantasy XIV.
This. What server are you on?
Diabolos.

Currently playing: Bravely Default.

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:24 pm

Finally getting around to finishing Black 2. Didn't want to even play it after playing Y, but I decided that I might as well finish it now that Pokebank is out.

Afterwards, I'll probably get back to Persona 2:Eternal Punishment or Hotline Miami.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:26 pm

Lightning Returns <3
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Return to “General Discussion”