Your Life Story

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Proscurecer
Org Profile

Re: Your Life Story

Post by Proscurecer » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:32 am

How you got into AMVs: while using limewire started discovering dragonbanball z, kingdom hearts & naruto amvs
How you came up with your screen name: dictionary
How you discovered the Org: through friends & youtube video references
Tell me about your studio, like how you joined/created it, etc... (If you're not in a studio, say why :P) an idea me and a couple of friends came up with
Favorite genre to edit and why: rap/hip hop and rock usually good for action amvs bring out the best in my editing
Favorite newbie mistake you've made: (Give us a good cringe-worthy one!) lol when i first moved from windows movie makers to sony vegas started effect whoring all my videos like crazy :sweat:
First contest experience: my soldier amv i uploaded as a reply to a contest on youtube
Best experience you've had thus far with the community: all the friends i made along the way
Worst experience with the community: can't say i have one
Why you edit: (If you don't edit anymore, explain yo'self!) to be honest i have no words to explain this O_o it's fun,creative & personally one of my favorite hobbies especially when icing,there's all sorts of reasons why
Future goals: (Editing, non-editing, whatevers) just to keep editing and hopefully keep improving my knowledge toward it and make some kick ass videos >=O

Chiikaboom
memes
Org Profile

Post by Chiikaboom » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:05 pm

How you got into AMVs: My sisters! They started it and I wanted to be trendy.
How you came up with your screen name: My internet name was always Chii (from chobits - i know, much clever) and years ago I had this friend who absolutely refused to call me Chii. She said she wanted to call me something unique and different. During that discussion there were fireworks outside (not sure if it was a holiday or just drunk neighbours) and I mentioned to her via MSN "oh there are fireworks outside" and my friend said "CHIIKA BOOM BOOM SHAKE DA ROOM ROOM" and thats how it all started. I used the name Chiikaboom on one forum as a joke, but then it just kind of stuck.
How you discovered the Org: My sisters used it and again I wanted to be trendy.
Tell me about your studio, like how you joined/created it, etc: My sis made the studio and because i'm related to her by blood im stuck in it until death.
Favorite genre to edit and why: Drama/Upbeat because reasons.
Favorite newbie mistake you've made: Attack Of The Otaku.
First contest experience: I sent in my old Shuffle AMV to Anime Evolution ages ago and damn was the audience ever great they clapped so loud I almost went deaf.
Best experience you've had thus far with the community: Being able to learn so much and meeting a lot of great people.
Worst experience with the community: :|
Why you edit: Because I'm a giant weeaboo who cries every time she puts her favorite anime to a good song.
Future goals: Become russian :awesome:
Image ImageImage

Tearx
The Malicious Feline
Org Profile

Post by Tearx » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:44 pm

How you got into AMVs:
Well, I first got into AMV's when I got into my first anime, Chobits. It brought me to this one site an editor use to have (not on the org sadly) I thought she was god.
Anyways her videos were a great inspiration to me and made me want to make my own amvs. (Windows movie maker FTW) A few years after that, I quit WMM and got vegas.

How you came up with your screen name:
"Tear Grants" from Tales of the Abyss. I really liked the name Tear and so I went with it. Oh, and Tear was taken so I added an X to it.

How you discovered the Org:
I really wanted to download an AMV and the only place I could find it was on the org!

Tell me about your studio:
Espace Studios, we got to together in honor of our dear friend who passed away. I care for everyone in this studio.

Favorite genre to edit and why:
Drama, because it is not drama without Tear(s).
I'm so funny

Favorite newbie mistake you've made:
The name I chose when I first signed up here. (changed it about a year after signing up...)

First contest experience:
Anime Expo. I was really shy.

Best experience you've had thus far with the community:

All the amazing people I have met. We all have so much in common!! :D

Worst experience with the community:
Joining the amv aim chatroom when I was a hyper 12 year old.

Why you edit:

It's a stress reliever.

Future goals: (Editing, non-editing, whatevers)

Editing goals - make amvs.
Non-editing goals - Get a job.

*inverse*
Org Profile

Post by *inverse* » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:16 am

How you got into AMVs: The first time I had ever seen one would have come from one of those old file sharing programs, morpheus or kazaa. I remember searching for anime through them and finding music videos available for download. The oldest ones I can remember must have been a Kenshin video to Linkin Park's 'Crawling', and MeriC's Fushigi Yugi video "Again" - slowly found more and more. I remember searching, but I couldn't find any Soul Hunter videos - I reeeally wanted to make one. Once I got my first computer in 2003 I started editing with WMM and fansubs, and then gradually experimented with new software. I definitely missed out on the whole 'Linkin Ball Z' phase though, I think I watched my first DB video in 2011, haha.

How you came up with your screen name: Lina Inverse, of course. Slayers was one of the first anime shows I had watched, and I still love it (except revolution and evolution r - yikes).

How you discovered the Org: It's been so long I really don't remember o.o

Tell me about your studio, like how you joined/created it, etc: I thought 'reversed' sounded good with 'inverse', and since my sisters were also getting into editing I thought it was something we could just have fun with together.

Favorite genre to edit and why: I've never been very good at fast-paced, intense videos, but if the music/source combo is right, I have fun with just about any genre. Though I suppose character profiles are my favorite.

Favorite newbie mistake you've made: I was completely new to online communities in general, and I know everything I typed was pretty dorky then. Everything from forum posts, video descriptions, opinions, even my old file names for my videos were ridiculous. Actually to be honest I'm still not all that comfortable with public boards and chats, I still find forums a little bit intimidating for some reason.

Best experience you've had thus far with the community: There were a few awesome people I got to talk to on occasion several years back (on aim, I think?), and that was really cool. I've always had a hard time talking to people online, and they made it really easy. It was fun!

Worst experience with the community: I remember a lot of unnecessary negativity and drama in the forums (with meps and announcements?), it took all the fun away from sharing videos here. That was quite some time ago though, I don't know what it's like here now. I just lurk occasionally >>

First contest experience: I've only ever been to two anime conventions, Anime Evolution in Vancouver (2009?) and Animethon in Edmonton (2010 maybe?). I had a couple videos submitted at Anime Evo, and that was really exciting to see up on a big screen with an audience. I won a contest category once with a princess tutu video I submitted online, and got a cute trophy for it. That was pretty neat.

Why you edit: It's a fandom outlet, and it's always been that way for me. I don't do fanart, fanfiction or cosplay, but I can make silly videos to watch over and over again. The feeling I get is still the same as when I started, and I hope that it never goes away completely. It's really rare nowadays, especially since I'm not interested in most new shows, but once in a while all I want to do is edit. I've got the buzz now and it's great.

Future goals: Editing with live action movies or TV. I have started a small project with a TV series, and I'm not sure what to expect - I guess it's kind of an experiment. And I'd love to try editing with manga sources one day, if I could ever muster up the patience for it.

Mkid
Im on the case
Org Profile

Post by Mkid » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:18 pm

How you got into AMVs: = when i was about 13 i got on youtube and looked up naruto LMAO what came up naruto + numb (linkin park) = I still to this day love that combination LMAO

How you came up with your screen name: = i made this name (mkid) when i first got on the computer and made an AOL account because ya know. a kid on the computer IS ALWAYS A GOOD IDEA.

How you discovered the Org: = after a couple years being on youtube all the people that i talked to kind of bashed into my head that omg the org omg the org. i joined it but i never really posted until i got comfortable thanks to people like code and littleatari (noor ata).

Tell me about your studio, like how you joined/created it, etc... (If you're not in a studio, say why :P) = im not in a studio because i don't have any friends :shrug:

Favorite genre to edit and why: = rock mostly. ive been getting into metal recently so im going to keep my ears out for any good songs.

Favorite newbie mistake you've made: (Give us a good cringe-worthy one!) = WHERE DO I START?

First contest experience: = ONLINE AMV ORG CONTEST 4.0 (or something like that), i made it pretty far. seeing how i got downvoted to shit lol

Best experience you've had thus far with the community: = i would have to say meeting and talking to interesting people (kimberly,Lloyd998,CodeZTM) :dino:

Worst experience with the community: = i really dont have a bad experience on the org per say, this place is like reddit (except not really any grammar nazis)

Why you edit: (If you don't edit anymore, explain yo'self!) = i edit because its fun. something do on, i love the creative process that comes with editing

Future goals: (Editing, non-editing, whatevers) = hopefully ill be able to edit more this year. probably will. vegas just needs to stop being an ass.

Anicsi
Org Profile

Post by Anicsi » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:09 am

This is a cool idea 8D

How you got into AMVs:
Phew, omg, my dark dark past lol When I was like 15 (so 9 years ago, time flies), I was active in an Anime forum. Especially a club called 'AAML', which centered around the epic love of Ash and Misty in Pokemon (I dare you to oppose me on this!!!!). Anyway, one of the members there showed us an AMV about them, and I wanted to make my own. So I started editing with WMM and shitty screenshots and pixelish footage. My, it was amazing!

When I was 16, I spent a year in Venezuela, South America. Shortly before I left, I read an article in a newspaper about the only five surviving condors (you know, dat bird xD) in that country. One of them was named Anicsi, which means Moon Goddess, according to the article. I wanted a name that would have a bond to my experience there. Easy peasy, eh? xp

I was a n00b and I needed help. Google's your best friend.

Tell me about your studio, like how you joined/created it, etc... (If you're not in a studio, say why :P)
I was in EndlessLifeStudios for a while. When the leaders decided to disband it, we were quite shocked and sad. A few of us wanted to stick together. We wanted to create a studio that wouldn't be so much about fame or perfection, but just a couple of friends editing together. We're all kinda crazy and some of us have quit editing, but we still spend time in the chats, and we can always ask for help regarding editing. The most important thing for us is trust. I know the people in the studio would never think of leaving to join a more prestigious studio. Call us cheesy, but that's why we're called Fidelity Studios, and I wouldn't change my studio mates for anything in the world :wink:

Drama, Sentimental, Romance. Because I'm a raw editor mostly, and emotion and story is my way to go. I like tackling my problems or questions by turning my feelings into a video.

Favorite newbie mistake you've made: (Give us a good cringe-worthy one!)
I have to say I've never been an effect whore. But of course the footage quality sucked and watermarks and tons of crossfades and generally too long scenes and... urgh *shivers*

Otakon 2009? i think. Possibly. Unfortunately I couldn't be there myself.

Generally the people here are very helpful when it comes to editing related questions. I don't know how many times Kionon saved my ass in the Mac section. I'll be eternally grateful.

I can't really say I've had a particularly bad experience on the org. I just don't like the competitive and elitist attitude of some people. I edit for fun. With friends. Of course I want to make it as good as I can, but there is a difference in mindset.

Why you edit: (If you don't edit anymore, explain yo'self!)
It's my way of emotional outlet. I've been editing less and less, though.

I have a list (yes, a list) of projects, I'd like to do. There are about 35 videos on that list. I write an idea down whenever I have it. But unfortunately, I don't think i'll complete even 5 percent of those. I've been getting a bit frustrated with editing lately. I'd like to become better in technical aspects and create more story-line focused works that I can call my own. But i don't have the time for that. Next year I'll graduate Uni and i'll be freaking busy. I don't know if i'll have the time to edit at all. So... we'll see.

Sorry, this got kinda long lol

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:34 am

How you got into AMVs:
Around 99-2000 I got Kazaa and started grabbing up fan videos. That pretty much started it all, after that I joined a forum called Proud-Saiyan. There, I met UnlimitedRice, MajinSteve87, and some other editors. Not to mention V37 and Shelton0088, who were my first mentors. Lurked around here for awhile from about 2000 to 2004 or so when I actually signed up.

Vegeta119 - pretty self explanatory, one of my favorite anime characters is Vegeta. After that I just tacked a number that looked somewhat ok with it.
Arashinome - A name a very close friend Dayna gave me. Supposedly translates to "Eye of the Storm" in Japanese.
CastielTheFallen - My pen-name. I got it from (pretty obviously) Supernatural's "Castiel" character. An angel who rebels to save the world.

Honestly I barely remember, I think Rice linked me here at some point in 02

Tell me about your studio:
DZ Studios was originally a merger between 3 studios, My Own, an editor named SaY4cT, and KingDavid. We've since merged with BloodSugarProductions since I joined up with them to keep the studio name alive. Here's our current roster.

DZ Studios 2014 Roster

CastielTheFallen
NME (R.I.P Sam)
ZetZu (Honorary Mention for being original DZ; R.I.P)
XnoD
DcDeveloperX
ReggieSmalls
Qyll
Silk_SK
Muffin
DaCoolGohan
Gotegenks
Dax
Smanchez
Nicho Void
PieRowManiac
Kyle_m

Action, Character Profile, Drama, Introspective, Comedy, Deep Story Based shit. Pretty much everything. But I love editing to Hip Hop in general, and a lot of rock.

Favorite newbie mistake you've made:
WMV.

Never been to one, but I did win an honorable mention at Otafest in 07 and Cloudy With A Chance won AWA Expo at some point.

All the great friends I've met through this community and hobby. I've created bonds that can only be broken by death.
\:
Losing Sam (NME)

Why you edit:

I do all things artistic, except drawing, I can't draw for shit. I consider AMVs art, thus I create. It's also a fun stress relieving hobby.

Editing goals - Create more videos. Get to work on my big Brad Sucks project (Pfft like that'll ever happen).
Non-editing goals - Get a mixtape or album out and book a show. I'm a rapper.

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:54 pm

How you got into AMVs:
My best friend (Mac) and me started watching AMVs in summer 2001. It was the time when I started to get into anime via Dragon Ball. Since I had no cabel, I had hardly the chance to see my manga heroes in full colour. That's why we searched the net for some small clips (56k era!!!). It was always magic to see my favourite moments of DBZ fully animated and in colour. That's how we stumbled upon AMVs. They were awesome and so we decided to make something awesome too. Basic inspiration was to become as good/famous as the editors we admired.

Some friend called me that way in school. I disliked it first. However after looking at my alternative nicknames, this was probably the best it could get. I love it now.

To be honest... We found the org quite early, but we were blocked to get into it because of the registration barrier. Back then you just didn't register everywhere on the net. I arrived here in 2004 I think.

Tell me about your studio, like how you joined/created it, etc... (If you're not in a studio, say why :P)
First my and friend and me where a duo. Not single editors. We edited our videos under the pseudonym "Bauzi & Mac". Our tastes differed and we decided it would be best to just start a studio. It still stands under the principle of sharing knowledge, footage and hardware (PCs, harddrives) between friends. Of course we have more memebers today :)

Creepy horror something. It's the thing I often enjoy the most. I guess it's because I was never afraid to look in my mind into the abyss of mankind. However most people would describe me as a funny and nice guy and that's true.

Favorite newbie mistake you've made: (Give us a good cringe-worthy one!)
It's hard to pick. I really made them all. All of them. Including faux pass on the internet too.

2005 AniNite. I didn't submit my newest AMV because I thought it would be too violent. Some people proofed me wrong xD

I stepped back from my online pressence and focus to communicate with my country's local editors. I helped to build up a community here and it's really fun. This weekend I pledged a legion with a good friend to bring an AMV contest or convention into the biggest convention area in Austria. That would mean an AMV contest that could be viewed by thousands at the same time. We both had tears in our eyes, because we really care about the hobby and the community.

My first contact with the internet. I tell you something: Back in the day... people weren't nicer than today.

There was also a big controversy about some years ago me when I heavily criticized the biggest local AMV contest on how they judged videos. I was full of rage and of course my post was full of foul language. Years later I won the contest 3 times in a row and this year I will probably host and organize it for the second time now.

Why you edit: (If you don't edit anymore, explain yo'self!)
I always loved to tell stories and portrait characters and situations.

I work for a TV channel right now and I want to create many more TV shows. Right now I had 2 and one of them is still going. Right now we try to start a third one. It's hard, but it's fun.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:58 pm

Sry! I forgot to mention:
I owe everything to AMVs. It defines me in who I am. I would definatly be a worse person without it. This was a journey that will hopefully go on and that I will never forget. Without it I would be some random loser.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:50 pm

Bauzi wrote:Sry! I forgot to mention:
I owe everything to AMVs. It defines me in who I am. I would definatly be a worse person without it. This was a journey that will hopefully go on and that I will never forget. Without it I would be some random loser.
This.

I probably wouldn't have had any real ambition without amvs either.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Return to “General AMV”