The Vent Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Post by Kionon » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:41 pm

CodeZTM wrote:So in short, I'm happier now than I've ever been in my life, it just took three months of absolute shit to get there. :up:
Sounds like things are getting better. Meanwhile in Kioland:

American Airlines Hates Everyone:

I fly. I fly a lot for someone who doesn't need to fly. Next month I have a total of six flights (counting each leg) spread across three airlines and nearly all of my mileage is connected to American, so I had to call two of the airlines (one was able to correct two of the three) and American, in order to make sure my secure flight information has been updated to female. Here's how the process went:

Delta: "Oh, your passport says F? Changed."

US Airways (just bought by American): "Oh, your passport says F? Changed."

American: "But you said your name is MALENAME?" "Yes." "Is this your account?" "Yes." "So wait, you need to change your gender?" "Yes. My gender is female, I realise that my name is generally considered a *male* name, but my passport has an F on it." "So, the F is right?" "YES. Please change it!" "Oh... Okay.... Changed." And text doesn't do the bored confusion and inability to process WOMAN WITH A MALE NAME justice. Even as she changed it, I could totally hear the "what the fuck does this even mean" oozing out of her voice.

Gah. I flew US Airways last year as well, and they treated me really well. If AA fucks it up, oooh, I will be so pissed.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Jadecavy
Org Profile

Post by Jadecavy » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:16 am

It's -39 with the windchill... Holy shit why do I live in Canada what am I doing with my life

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:49 am

Caught a pretty nasty cold last weekend and it hurts to breathe or even move around.

I ended going to 3 job interviews this week in my condition and was really able to hide my sickness pretty well... only to gag and puke as soon as I got home from them...
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Mkid
Im on the case
Org Profile

Post by Mkid » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:25 am

CodeZTM wrote:Hi
Omg code is back <3
im so sorry about everything but im glad everything is starting to look up for you <3 luv ya :aimkissyface: and i look foward to seeing your presence back on the org
< 33333333333333333333333333333333333

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:02 am

I have the flu. Fuck the flu.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:34 pm

Fuck the cold.
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:23 pm

CodeZTM wrote:Welp, my last three months sucked. Lost my job (got let go because I wanted to go back to college, and my boss was an ASS and waiting until the day before I was supposed to go), had a really shitty bout with anxiety/depression, and about ran out of savings completely. Didn't qualify for unemployment. I also had to give up on school, because my funds (as I mentioned) almost ran out. My family wasn't thrilled with me either, and we got into several heated discussions.

But a lot of good things happened out of all of that.

I got a new job as a Financial Analyst for a farming corporation (not so much accounting, but there's a lot of accounting involved in that), and I LOVE IT. My job is analyzing how well farmers are doing, and let them know how they can improve, as well as working A/P. I love my coworkers, my supervisor is a goddess, and I'm making more money than I was in public accounting AND work less hours. I also have medical insurance, paid vacation days, and paid holidays. In short, EVERYTHING I didn't have in my last job. :3

Came out to my grandparents, who didn't give a fuck. Nobody else, but hey, it's a start. :3

So in short, I'm happier now than I've ever been in my life, it just took three months of absolute shit to get there. :up:
HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HEY CODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mkid
Im on the case
Org Profile

Post by Mkid » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:25 pm

lloyd9988 wrote:
CodeZTM wrote:Welp, my last three months sucked. Lost my job (got let go because I wanted to go back to college, and my boss was an ASS and waiting until the day before I was supposed to go), had a really shitty bout with anxiety/depression, and about ran out of savings completely. Didn't qualify for unemployment. I also had to give up on school, because my funds (as I mentioned) almost ran out. My family wasn't thrilled with me either, and we got into several heated discussions.

But a lot of good things happened out of all of that.

I got a new job as a Financial Analyst for a farming corporation (not so much accounting, but there's a lot of accounting involved in that), and I LOVE IT. My job is analyzing how well farmers are doing, and let them know how they can improve, as well as working A/P. I love my coworkers, my supervisor is a goddess, and I'm making more money than I was in public accounting AND work less hours. I also have medical insurance, paid vacation days, and paid holidays. In short, EVERYTHING I didn't have in my last job. :3

Came out to my grandparents, who didn't give a fuck. Nobody else, but hey, it's a start. :3

So in short, I'm happier now than I've ever been in my life, it just took three months of absolute shit to get there. :up:
HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HEY CODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoted Image converted to link:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-cxWWYFk_YoY/U ... yPerry.gif
GAYEST......GIF.....EVAR

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:30 am

Feeling a bit bummed lately... been thinking about people who've passed on and really wish we could go a year without hearing bad news. Perhaps, though, I'm coming up on about 10 years since I last talked to my father. Can't really remember the last thing we talked about or the last thing he said to me. Only thing I remember about that time was, he was taking computer classes to learn how to use a computer. I found it quite an amusing thought at the time and still do. So I guess that's a good thing to remember.

AngelDragoon
Org Profile

Post by AngelDragoon » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:35 pm

So some people already know that I have some serious spinal nerve problems, particularly in my hip. (Yes, old lady with hip problems, harhar XD). I've been managing it for the past few months but it's gotten worse, so much so that both standing and sitting make it hurt. Though I've had both x-rays and MRIs of my lower back, I still don't know what's wrong, but my doctor finally prescribed a medication to deal with nerve pain/inflammation for a few months while I go to physical therapy. While I am feeling better in that area, everything else is awful. Just awful. I can't sleep for more than four hours because I get 'hot flashes', (mind you it's 4 degrees outside...). My muscles are, at their worst, getting charley horses at the worst possible time, usually during work. I've gained seven pounds of fluid in five days; my hands were so swollen today it was hard to work with slides and microscopes. This medicine is also an immune suppressant, so I'm avoiding anyone and anything that looks like it might cough on me. To top it off, I can't even get online for more than a half hour without getting motion sick, so I can't talk to anyone no matter how much I want to get on skype. I can't edit or even paint to relax. Luckily this is my last day on this stuff, but it's going to take a week for the side-effects to subside, (at least, I hope it only takes that long). While I'm happy my pain will be gone and, subsequently, I won't have to rely on painkillers to get me through the day, I'll be glad when this is flushed out of my system. :x

[/vent]

Return to “General Discussion”