AMV Transition Help

n_dabz
Org Profile

AMV Transition Help

Post by n_dabz » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:14 am

Hey, I was wondering how to create this sort of transition which appears in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpSCL3_iZvE at 04:16.
More specifically the 3d background and pretty much everything going on then lol.

I use sony vegas 12 and after effects and I know most of the basics of after effects but I want to learn more complex stuff.

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate it.

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Re: AMV Transition Help

Post by Shui » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:53 am

Wow this is really basic stuff. I'd call this 2.5D though :D

All you have to do is take two Video Layers, switch them to 3D Mode place them apart and then create a new Camera.
Next you create the path for the camera to slide along. I'd say something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyPMYK7ROYU
Once you have your two vids and the path of the cam set-up you can add stuff like that Audio-waveform, Picture of the charakter or Background Vid. Make a more transparent copy underneath to simulate a floor. Though this is horribly done in that vid you linked :P you might wanna check out Jam Sports from Atio.

Good Luck
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

n_dabz
Org Profile

Post by n_dabz » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:21 pm

Thank you for replying however I kinda had to figure it out myself since no one replied. But that link you provided helped me out ^_^. I do have another question though, which you might be able to help. I dunno if I should create a new thread but here it is anyway: I got a question about this transition. Hopefully you can help me out^^. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uHRi67mlsc
at 0:54. I think they used after effects but I don't know the plug-in or maybe it's a new blue transition.
Any help is much appreciated.

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:46 pm

Hmm it looks like a standard morph-effect. I never used this before and I'm sure there are different ways to do it.
This guy here uses time remapping and pixel motion which seems quite effective to me - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMfMvdJy ... page#t=179
I'm sure there are tons of morph-plugins around. But unfortunately I can't give you advise since I never used this effect before. (it just looks weird to me)
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

n_dabz
Org Profile

Post by n_dabz » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:00 pm

Thank u dear shui :)

Return to “Effects & Techniques”