Food thread!

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Org Profile

Re: Food thread!

Post by FarmXD » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:30 am

I just realized that "fast food" means that you eat it fast...
I always thought it was for fast preparation but yesterday I went
to one of those places and holy sh-t! 2 clients and 30 minutes
waiting for a hamburguer :|

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:54 pm

I decided to try out one of those microwave mug cake recipes. Very tasty, although a bit tough and dry as I'm fairly sure I zapped it for too long. (Also, this mug is as festive as you'll ever see me get. |:> )

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:54 am

I gave the microwave mug cake recipe another try tonight, only I subbed out the peanut butter and chocolate for orange extract, marmalade, and ginger. It tasted very good, but I'm not sure that I'm using quite the right mug for the job. It may be too tall. I was much more careful about how long I zapped it, and it still came out somewhat spongy on the top, and this time it was also undercooked in the bottom.

It is a mystery. :shrug:

Also, this icon is a thing now, I guess. :space:

:up:

Fay-Sa
Chasing Crimson Butterflies
Org Profile

Post by Fay-Sa » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:49 pm

So my dad visiting us for the month and he really likes to cook.

Home made chicken & dumplings, the dumplings being made from scratch while the chicken was slow cooked. With twice baked potato and baked bacon salad. Not in the picture is the bread roll because he forgot they were still in the oven..... Luckily they weren't burnt. May not be the prettiest food on here (nor is it very healthy and I had a too much on my plate to eat) but it was so good, just as good as I remembered. Also he made A LOT so leftovers for work yay!

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:46 pm

OMG. That looks amazing. Can your dad be my dad? <3

In other news, the pantry gave us canned carrots, which I don't like and my mother can't eat. I decided to look online to see if I could plug them into a cake/bread/pie-type recipe, and I ended up just subbing it in for zucchini in a bread. I added some ground clove into it, because that seemed like it would jive well with carrots, and it's pretty delicious. Hooray!

Fay-Sa
Chasing Crimson Butterflies
Org Profile

Post by Fay-Sa » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:10 am

dj_ultima_the_great wrote:OMG. That looks amazing. Can your dad be my dad? <3
You'll have to ask Bumper, she basically his keeper.
(Bumper his boxer/pit mix dog)

He helped me make sweet and sour chicken a couple nights ago. That's his hand in the 2nd pic (I also had a bit of orange sauce for dipping with the sweet and sour)

Had Monte Cristo when we went out for mom's birthday on the 9th.

It like dinner and dessert all in one.

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:36 pm

Cream cheese monkey bread, anyone?

AngelDragoon
Org Profile

Post by AngelDragoon » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:10 pm

My mind says no, but my heart, she says yes to everything on this page. That monkey bread...

Speaking of food, does anyone know of any good tasting, low carb meals? I'm trying to lose weight for a convention in a few months but I have yet to really find anything that isn't just plain chicken, steak, low-fat hamburger, and eggs. I've discovered the broasted chicken at Kroger, which will help, but I can't keep eating that every day for six weeks, lol. Even a website pointing in the right direction would be nice. D:

The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Post by The_McLaughlin » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:32 am

AngelDragoon wrote:My mind says no, but my heart, she says yes to everything on this page. That monkey bread...

Quoted Image converted to link:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/data ... -drool.jpg

Speaking of food, does anyone know of any good tasting, low carb meals? I'm trying to lose weight for a convention in a few months but I have yet to really find anything that isn't just plain chicken, steak, low-fat hamburger, and eggs. I've discovered the broasted chicken at Kroger, which will help, but I can't keep eating that every day for six weeks, lol. Even a website pointing in the right direction would be nice. D:
I'm not sure on low carb meals you could cook, but you can find Atkins frozen meals at your grocery store that aren't too bad, I used to bring them with me to work when I had a lunch shift. The Chicken Pot pie is my favorite, though people I work with say they smell bad, though taste good though. If that helps not sure if you know about them or not, or if you'd just prefer to make something... I think my mom used to get recipes off of the Atkins website if you'd rather cook the meals yourself though, maybe check there.

AngelDragoon
Org Profile

Post by AngelDragoon » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:40 pm

animefreak00007 wrote:
AngelDragoon wrote:My mind says no, but my heart, she says yes to everything on this page. That monkey bread...

Quoted Image converted to link:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/data ... -drool.jpg

I'm not sure on low carb meals you could cook, but you can find Atkins frozen meals at your grocery store that aren't too bad, I used to bring them with me to work when I had a lunch shift. The Chicken Pot pie is my favorite, though people I work with say they smell bad, though taste good though. If that helps not sure if you know about them or not, or if you'd just prefer to make something... I think my mom used to get recipes off of the Atkins website if you'd rather cook the meals yourself though, maybe check there.
Oh yeah! I forgot about the Atkins meals. I have a freezer full that I need to try. XD; The alfredo was good, but the pot pie is on the list to eat. I'll take a look at the Atkins website, though! Thanks for the suggestion. :up:

Return to “General Discussion”