Pandora - Akross Con 2013 2nd Place

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
AceD
I AM THE BEST
Org Profile

Re: Pandora - Akross Con 2013

Post by AceD » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:55 pm

MentalTsui wrote:I've re-watched it a lot of times already. Wonderful job you did there. :D
x2. One of the amvs I've liked the most this year really...can't wait to see what you do next |:>

lolligerjoj
Org Profile

Post by lolligerjoj » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:29 pm

I had somehow high expectations (because everyone had them, and also because I reaally liked Cockaine), and you surpassed them anyway. This is a truly great video.
Some people say the video lacks in expression, and I saw you agree to one guy at Akross, but to me, there's nothing for you to agree on. I couldn't wish for a more explicit message in this video.
The beginning is pretty weak compared to the rest, the exposition can't keep up with the song because of your kind of slow fades, but you quickly make it up with technical expertise over the course of anything after that. Your visual direction is the star of this video.

For me, your and GoRz' upcoming video already are better than last year's winner. If there are no surprises, I predict both of you to share the top.
Image Image
Image Image

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:20 am

Gorgeously edited, fantastic composition work. Your scene selection is choice and I found your video to be very aesthetically pleasing, in a totally abstract and artistic way. The only things I would have changed would be some of the black fades near the beginning. The part at 1:33, with the multiple girls expanding outward... that's my favorite part. It was so perfect, and while that effect is ostensibly easy to achieve, getting it to look *just right* is really hard. Great job! This is my favorite from Akross this year, so far :up:

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:05 pm

Thanks everyone for your replies! I was totally unsure about how the video would be recieved and I have to say I'm really pleasantly surprised again <3
995Gabber wrote:So centurione. Very skill. Such design. wow. Very akross! err I mean one of the best things I've ever seen haha :) much respect!
Lol, thanks a lot, glad you liked it so much :ying:
TheInvisibleBlackxX wrote:And then i thought you couldnt do better than "Petal"...I was never so happy being wrong in my life. Good luck :up:
I hope I can still do better than this ;). Thanks a lot!
Gorz wrote:grawrrr I'd like to expand my comment a bit even if there's nothing much really to say, I personally enjoy all of your videos and this one is no exception (I believe I told you the same thing in Cockaine xD), it's visually captivating and it all blended amazingly well you can just sit back and feel the thoughts screaming out from each single scene, and I'm saying this after I watched it for like 10 times or so, definitely a big step forward for you as an editor, and hey I'm not really worried about your ranking ;) GJ!

I really wonder what color is going to be for next year :awesome:
Yea, you said the same in Cockaine xD And man, just thank you for all the support you give me everywhere, that really motivates to do your best in the future <3 And thanks for the opinion ;)

And about next year, well, I already have some plans actually ;)
Cour wrote:Finally!
Visually is nice and elegant, has a really unique touch, I'm really impressed with your video, expect it to be good but turned out to be amazing (much better than I thought), all scenes excellently placed. A high level edition.
Great job! :up:

Last year your entry in Akross was "so blue" and is now "so red" lol
Thank you! Guess I have a thing for one-colour videos xD
Kimberly wrote::up: :up: :up: :up:
<3 <3 <3 <3
:aimkissyface: :aimkissyface: :aimkissyface: :aimkissyface:
Oh hai, my love <3
Replay Studios wrote:amazing video and good luck ^^
Thanks a lot! ;)
pacotacoshell wrote:Beautiful. Absolutely nothing bad to say about this, it was perfect. At this rate you'll end up being one of my top 3 editors of all time, your style is really right up my alley. :up:
That's like a huge compliment, thank youu! Not to sat I actually enjoy your style a lot as well xD
MentalTsui wrote:I loved it. It was pretty well executed. Although it felt too fast for me in most of it. IMO, the video would not stand out on its own, which is kind of a lethal flaw, which meant the need of it being cleared up in the description was essential. Despite all of that, it was really well done. It did successfully fulfill its purpose. I've re-watched it a lot of times already. Wonderful job you did there. :D
Yup, at some moments I was actually afraid of the sync but at the same time I couldn't bring myself to ignore some beats lol xD Thanks a lot anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed it :ying:
MycathatesyouAMV wrote:The visuals and technicals were well done and create a nice motif together, but at points of the song I felt uninterested and didn't feel the effect from some of the things you were going for.
Well, I can't please everyone. I actually noticed not many people do interprete the atmosphere the way I was intending ^^' Guess I should work on that. Thanks for the comment!
AceD wrote:
MentalTsui wrote:I've re-watched it a lot of times already. Wonderful job you did there. :D
x2. One of the amvs I've liked the most this year really...can't wait to see what you do next |:>
And I hope not to disappoint you next time :awesome:
lolligerjoj wrote:I had somehow high expectations (because everyone had them, and also because I reaally liked Cockaine), and you surpassed them anyway. This is a truly great video.
Some people say the video lacks in expression, and I saw you agree to one guy at Akross, but to me, there's nothing for you to agree on. I couldn't wish for a more explicit message in this video.
The beginning is pretty weak compared to the rest, the exposition can't keep up with the song because of your kind of slow fades, but you quickly make it up with technical expertise over the course of anything after that. Your visual direction is the star of this video.

For me, your and GoRz' upcoming video already are better than last year's winner. If there are no surprises, I predict both of you to share the top.
Aw gawd, I feel really honoured to read a comment like this. And I'm actually even more glad cause it seems you're one of the few people that read the mood from the video exactly how I wanted it to be (I assume that from the fact that you asked in the chat why I hadn't entered psychedelic, so here's the answer - I was aware of the fact people wouldn't get all the feels I wanted to present and that would make me fail in this category so I thought I'd rather go for drama). And I agreed to the guy on Akross because I would have abandoned the project entirely if I hadn't had some ideas for the visual side of the video. Then I came up with a few ideas to show bits of the concept but well, I found it really hard to be honest and at some point I totally lacked ideas for this field and this is also the main reason why I was worried about how the video would be generally received. Still, I'm honestly glad about how it actually is recieved xD
Anyway, just thank you <3 And I wish best of luck to you too, there are still some big names on the participants list but I hope our 3 wil manage to get their places in the top5 :awesome: (yea, that would be awesome)
irriadin wrote:Gorgeously edited, fantastic composition work. Your scene selection is choice and I found your video to be very aesthetically pleasing, in a totally abstract and artistic way. The only things I would have changed would be some of the black fades near the beginning. The part at 1:33, with the multiple girls expanding outward... that's my favorite part. It was so perfect, and while that effect is ostensibly easy to achieve, getting it to look *just right* is really hard. Great job! This is my favorite from Akross this year, so far :up:
Awww, thank you! Well, the fades. I never know what to do about them, they just seem to fit everywhere for me. And I'm glad you generally enjoyed it! And I'm glad you liked that scene (one of my personal favs as well)! And I'm just glad about everything here!

Thanks a lot guys, really <3 And I wish you all a Happy New Year |:>

BecauseImBored1
Org Profile

Post by BecauseImBored1 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:17 pm

LOVED this. You always get me to like amvs in genres I normally don't

RiseAMV
Org Profile

Post by RiseAMV » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:45 pm

Really awesome

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:22 am

I'd say this time you have really outdone yourself :up: , so a question arises from what I've been hearing. Why were you sick of this project?

Bollocks
Deranged Baboon
Org Profile

Post by Bollocks » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:24 am

I've adored every single video of yours that I've seen (Cockaine was my favourite AMV of 2013) ,and this was no exception. The area I believe that you excel in as an editor is the way you seem to not only use the visual presentation to make the video more visually appealing, but also to explore and complement your concept further. The imagery you created was incredible in terms of how it ultimately built up the mood of the video (On top of obviously being drop dead gorgeous!).

Easily the best drama I've seen from this AKROSS. Best of luck in the contest!
"Never fall for a tennis player. Love means nothing to them"

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:14 pm

BecauseImBored1 wrote:LOVED this. You always get me to like amvs in genres I normally don't
Lol, maybe then in the end... you'll like these genres? xD Thanks!
RiseAMV wrote:Really awesome
Glad you liked it ;)
Eake4 wrote:I'd say this time you have really outdone yourself :up: , so a question arises from what I've been hearing. Why were you sick of this project?
I've started it over a year ago. The song wasn't this much of a problem since it's one of my favourites ever but when you have a project and you keep deleting parts that some time ago took you ages to get done and then you think the other ones don't fit and you have no scenes, lack ideas and there's barely anything done after you've actually put a whole lot effort into it. This is why at some point I just wanted to have it done. I'm glad you liked it anyway <3
MouseBollocks wrote:I've adored every single video of yours that I've seen (Cockaine was my favourite AMV of 2013) ,and this was no exception. The area I believe that you excel in as an editor is the way you seem to not only use the visual presentation to make the video more visually appealing, but also to explore and complement your concept further. The imagery you created was incredible in terms of how it ultimately built up the mood of the video (On top of obviously being drop dead gorgeous!).

Easily the best drama I've seen from this AKROSS. Best of luck in the contest!
Awwwwwwwwww, thanks a lot! Gawd, these comments are all just too cute :ying:

NIGHT 2
Org Profile

Post by NIGHT 2 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:38 am

In the chorus of the song - not enough of the dynamics (00:35-00:56, 01:31-01:53).
There was a need to emphasize the rhythm of the music.

---------------------
In all - a very good job.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”