Kita-Kon 2014 AMV Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Kita-Kon
Org Profile

Kita-Kon 2014 AMV Contest

Post by Kita-Kon » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:49 pm

Submissions Open - http://www.kita-kon.org/?page_id=559

We're Back! Kita-Kon will be hosting an AMV contest at the convention August 22-24, 2014. You can find all of the rules and guidelines on the link posted above, but I will also include them here for easy viewing. If you have any questions, please let me know at admin@kita-kon.org. Good luck to everyone who enters!

------------

Deadlines

Contest submissions will be closed Friday August 1st, 2014, at 11:59pm EST. Contest winners will be announced Monday September 1st, 2014.

Categories
  • Action
  • Comedy / Parody / Trailers
  • Romance / Drama
  • Upbeat / Dance
  • Magical Girl
General Rules
  • A maximum of three (3) entries, one (1) per category, is allowed per person.
  • Multi-Editor Projects are eligible for entry, as long as you include all of the editors information.
  • You do not need to be in attendance to submit a video to the contest or to win a category.
  • Submitted AMVs must have been premiered between September 1st, 2013, and the convention date to qualify.
  • Submissions that have premiered at other conventions, or that have won awards, are permitted.
Formatting Rules
  • Videos must be longer than one (1) minute and shorter than eight (8) minutes in length.
  • There must be at least (1) second of black buffer time at the beginning and end of the video.
  • Title & end cards must be removed from the video file, we will be providing our own for each video at the show.
  • Submitted AMVs must have a minimum of 75% Japanese animation or video game footage to qualify.
  • Videos must not contain subtitled footage.
  • Keep it PG-13! No nudity, excessive violence, or excessive swearing. If there are more than a couple of swears, the video will be allowed if the swears are beeped.
Technical Rules
  • Video files must be submitted in the following containers only; .avi, .mp4, & .mkv.
  • Resolutions must be at or above 800×600 (4:3) or 1280×720 (16:9).
  • Framerates must be 29.97fps or above.
  • Audio quality must be at a bitrate of 128kbps or greater and a sampling rate of 44.1k or greater.
  • .mp3, .aac, and other compressed audio formats are permitted.
Submission Rules
  • We will not accept Youtube or any other video streaming links as a submission. Please use one of the following services to give us access to your files; Dropbox, Google Drive, Mega, AMV, or Personal Hosting.
  • Please format the file name as follows: "amvtitle_alias_firstname_lastname.extension"
Judging
  • Each category will be judged twice, first by a group of selected judges, and second by fans at the event.
  • Judges will mark each video on a number of different qualities, such as; content, story, timing, effects, and impact. First place winners in each category will receive a plaque, with the overall best in show receiving a trophy.
  • Fans will have one vote per video out of ten. Fan voted videos will not receive a physical trophy, but will receive bragging rights for the year.
Winners
  • Winners will be mailed a plaque or trophy once scores have been finalized.

knage
Org Profile

Re: Kita-Kon 2014 AMV Contest

Post by knage » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:58 am

*Ignore this I am posting so I may keep track on my Contest in my "View Post" area.
YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmARoS ... GP_b7rHM7g

I edit with a passion. Remember my name.

Return to “AMV Contests”