AMV Editing: A dying hobby (?)

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: AMV Editing: A dying hobby (?)

Post by ngsilver » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:45 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:You don't count because I'm pretty sure you're not human considering the amount you download, watch, and stream, lol...
Well, I also don't say I'm able to watch them all before their threads get locked. Far too often I find a really great video I love and can't make a proper comment because of this. (I openly hate QCs and the current star scale, and what I have to say usually isn't worth an op)
ImageImageImageImage

The Non-Professional
Org Profile

Post by The Non-Professional » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:06 am

This thread makes me sad :(

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:22 am

seasons wrote:There's no way to make friends with any of the people here who are stuck in their cliques.
So make friends somewhere else and bring them to the org with you. Upload your vids and then write each other ops and qcs. Post in each other's announcement threads so the forum regulars see that you're active, which is automatically interesting. Once you've got them reading your threads it's only a matter of time before some bored individuals start posting in them as well. Forget joining an established clique. Make your own and lure members of mostly-dead cliques to wander your way. Or just forget the existing cliques and take advantage of the setup here. Free hosting, no tube take-downs, feedback system already in place so you could easily get to the top lists with just a few friends to give you ops, a forum full of any information you might want to know about editing software and techniques, and a quick source for convention info if that appeals to you, and tons of threads with all sorts of interesting discussions and amv history that you and your friends might want to discuss yourselves in your journals. You don't have to "join" the org in order to make it your own. You just have to use it.

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:20 pm

Arigatomina wrote:
seasons wrote:There's no way to make friends with any of the people here who are stuck in their cliques.
I call shenanigans. DZ click is the most open group of people who hang around here I know. It's easy to make friends with any and all of us. If you make the effort, you can make a lot of friends around here not just from DZ as well. A lot of the DZ "Clique" are friends with the other apparent cliques around here. I think it's more an issue that people just expect friendship to happen out of nowhere with no effort on their part for a friendship to be created.

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:21 pm

fucked that quote up but whatevs, you get the point.

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:08 pm

everybody loves everybody it's just about sayin' hi. All of our skypes and MSNs are available and a lot of us hang out on the IRC still. Come say hi :D

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:21 am

Making friends is indeed quite easy, but maintaining one is pretty much a two way street and varies from person to person, as it's easier for some and harder for others.

Looking back to when I first joined, this place did seem to have it's up and downs. The General Anime, Anime Screencaps, and to a lesser extent the General Discussion (when it was known as the Donator's forum) and AMV Announcement forum did seem pretty friendly, while the General AMV and the MEP forums were pretty volatile (AMV Announcement and Donator's forum can be to, depending on the circumstances, I heard the Contests forum can be volatile too, but I never really lurked there).

The forums seem to be pretty neutral now that the place quieted down, but then again I only lurk General AMV, General Anime, Anime Discussion, and General Discussion nowadays.
Under Construction

Farlo
expectations of deliberate annihilation
Org Profile

Post by Farlo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:18 pm

wait, people still make these things?

i kid, i kid

Sephiroth
Org Profile

Post by Sephiroth » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:32 am

People still think AMVs are dead? I don't make one for over a year and suddenly everyone loses it.

Return to “General AMV”