Outbreak Company

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Outbreak Company

Post by mirkosp » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:35 am

Wikipedia wrote:Kanou Shin'ichi is a “thoroughbred class” with a light novelist father and an erotic game artist mother. He has no special talents except for his vast knowledge, opinion and insight on moe.
Despite this, the Japanese government assigns him as a “moe” evangelist to the Holy Eldant Empire, a parallel world. In this fantasy world where dragon soar the skies, shinichi forms a deep friendship with the half-elf maid girl Myuseru and the beautiful young empress Petoraru.
Even as he deals with the threats of war between different fractions, he worries that he himself is an invader to this wondrous land.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Re: Outbreak Company

Post by pacotacoshell » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:49 pm

This is probably the biggest surprise this season for me. I expected a typical harem comedy type show but this blew me out of the water. It's extremely hilarious, witty, and there's a lot of focus on the culture differences between this world and everyday Japan.

If you enjoyed Hataraku Maou-sama, I think you'll like this one. :up:

purplepolecat
Org Profile

Post by purplepolecat » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:19 pm

My main problem with the show is not that the MC is a pervy otaku loser; it's that they play it straight, as if we are still meant to identify with him. "Little Girls are the best" ? Um, no thanks. It's somehow different when Tomoko (Watamote) or Saito (NHK) does it, because we are meant to pity them.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:27 pm

LOOOL, Minori finally shows her true colors XD AND GALIUS, JESUS LOL

So many laughs from beginning to end. :awesome: No idea how they can top this episode, but if they do then this'll be a legendary anime in my books. xD

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:17 am

so, to anyone who watched this series, how was it. Watched the first episode and filed it under "i'll may check it out later" but just want to see what some people thought of it first

Magicflier
Org Profile

Post by Magicflier » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:59 am

Jasta85 wrote:so, to anyone who watched this series, how was it. Watched the first episode and filed it under "i'll may check it out later" but just want to see what some people thought of it first
I came in thinking it might just be another horrible version of Hataraku Maou-sama, but was surprised. This show shows a lot of political elements, and it's not already light-hearted with comedy. It's comedy elements were also really hilarious. So I'd recommend as my score was 8/10 for this show. :3

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:00 am

It had quite a good end. Enjoyable series!
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”