N2U 2013 AMV Contest Winners

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
eyevocal
Org Profile

N2U 2013 AMV Contest Winners

Post by eyevocal » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:45 am

Hello, all. I am very sorry for the wait; decompression, real life, helping a friend pack up 12 years of life to move out of province, all that other fun stuff. Here is what played at the N2U 2013 AMV Contest. If anybody can correct/update me on links, I would appreciate it. After the standard content disclaimer:

"This Contest Showing also contains:

Plot spoilers; brief strobing effects; good and bad music (matter of opinion); classic BFORs; badass cars; supernatural beings (woooo); gas-powered squirrels; bloody traditional board games; blood–full stop; jazz-handed djinns; baka love; za planes!; girls x girls x guys; carnage; carnality; hardcore magical girls; false idolatry; cross-species breeding; interesting apathy; some of the N2U judges' brain cells.

Enjoy the show."

1. The F-Team; The A-team trailer; Sgt. Frog; Armed and out of medication Productions [USA]
2. Fullmetal Alchemist AMV~Shaft of Light; ONE OK ROCK–“Koubou”; Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood; Jyobi Akaruga [USA]
3. Self-Destructive Duet; Poets of the Fall–“Dream You Wide Awake”; The Garden of Sinners; BecauseImBored1 [USA]
4. Lose Your Soul; Dead Man's Bones–“In the Room Where You Sleep”; Various anime; Nicole Parker [Canada]
5. We No Speak Americano!; Yolanda Be Cool & DCUP–"We No Speak Americano"; Gunsmith Cats; HP Productions [Canada]
6. MOST ORIGINAL–RUNNER-UP: Qcomedie; various audio and anime; General-Guy [Canada]
7. Counting Stars; OneRepublic–“Counting Stars”; Ponyo; EllipseIris [Hungary]
8. We Are All Illuminated; Hurts–"Illuminated”; Various anime; Sprinkle Sprankles [USA]
9. A Friend Like Ugo; Robin Williams–“A Friend Like Me”; Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic; Nicolio1313 [Canada]
10. Every Baka Needs Some Baka; The Blues Brothers–“Everybody Needs Somebody to Love”; Baka and Test [TV + OVA]; Anthony Zalar [USA]
11. The Fastest Girl in the Galaxy; The Frantic–“Fast Girl”; Redline; Anthony Zalar [USA]
[OK, I didn't intend to play two in a row by the same creator, but I had other stuff to finish up for the con, and this fell through the cracks. Hey, the showing at least flowed somewhat, and nobody who was at the showing complained about this, so, all good.]
12. Shoujo-Ai Experiments Lain; Jonathan Coulton–“The Future Soon”; Serial Experiments Lain; purplepolecat [Canada]
13. BEST COMPOSITION–RUNNER-UP and BEST TECHNICAL–RUNNER-UP: Girl x Girl; Helena Paparizou–"My number one"; Various anime; Galia & Kitty [Russia]
14. Warrior Idol; B.A.P.–"Warrior"; Uta no Prince-sama Maji 1000% Love; FateTRSC [The Netherlands]
15. My Eternal Light; Future World Music–“Eternal Light”; Wolf Children; Sprinkle Sprankles [USA]
16. Brinkmate; Emiko Mizukami–“Amol”; Shion no Ou; General-Guy [Canada]
17. Dead End; AWOLNATION–“Sail”; Future Diary; Nicole Parker [Canada]
18. Goku Man; John Boy & Billy–“The Married Man Theme”; Dragonball Z; HalOfBorg [USA]
19. Superalloy; Rammstein–“Feuer Frei (Nais. remix)”; Tetsujin 28-go AKA Gigantor; drewaconclusion [USA]
20. BEST TECHNICAL: Evangelion 0.33 - Shinji Did (Not) Have Sex [Edited]; The Lonely Island feat. Akon–"I Just Had Sex" [Edited]; Neon Genesis Evangelion (TV); l33tmeatwad & snapxynith [USA]
21. Nanoha's Rockin' Hardcore; Fastway–“Rockin' Hardcore”; Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 1st; HP Productions [Canada]
22. Magi, The Dayman; Joman–“Daymanstep”; Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic; BakaOppai [USA]
23. No Idol Entertainment; M.O.V.E–“Destiny”; Various anime; FateTRSC [The Netherlands]
24. Inhumanity; Shinedown–“Enemies”; Hellsing Ultimate; BecauseImBored1 [USA]
25. ReEvolution; Sybreed–“ReEvolution”; Attack on Titan; Miso [Austria]
26. Dark Side; Kelly Clarkson–“Dark Side”; Memories; Brad DeMoss [USA]
27. BEST COMPOSITION: Shine a Light; Keane–"My Shadow"; Wolf Children; xDieguitoAMV [Argentina]
28. A Drop of Hope; Taylor Swift–“Safe & Sound”; Various anime; BakaOppai [USA]
29. Waiting for Menma; Arcade Fire–"We Used to Wait”; Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day; Nicolio1313 [Canada]
30. La Fleur Du Destin; Micaela–“Fuoco e cenere”; Various anime; Galia & Kitty [Russia]
31. Make Your Own Tomorrow; Worth Dying For–“Destroy”; Gurren Lagann [TV, movies]; Compbros [USA]
32. DRRR Club; Fight Club trailer; Durarara!!; purplepolecat [Canada]
33. Ride or Die; 2 Chainz feat. Wiz Khalifa–“We Own It”; Redline; Kyssifur [Hungary]
34. MOST ORIGINAL and GRAND PRIZE: The Solution (censored version); Jon Lajoie–"Not Giving a F***!"; various anime; Amaterasu and l33tmeatwad [USA]

For the first time ever, I had to cut out some videos for time, and the videos with the lowest overall rating by the judges were the ones to go. Sorry, people; I don't do any judging for this myself, this doesn't reflect my own feelings about the videos...please don't hurt me. In alphabetical order:

1. Abused Anime Children PSA; Emy Reynolds–“Mercy Street”; Kotoura-san; Rolfyboy8 Productions [USA]
2. AMV~Boundary of Emptiness; Yuki Kajiura–“Godsibb”; Fate/Zero; The Garden of Sinners; Trinity Blood; Jyobi Akaruga [USA]
3. MAZINGER STATIONS; Winger–“Battle Stations”; Shin Mazinger Shougeki! Z Hen; Armed and out of medication Productions [USA]
4. Time to be King; Downstait–“I Came to Play”; Yu-Gi-Oh! [TV, The Movie: Pyramid of Light]; Compbros [USA]
5. Video Games (anime style) - Sky Crawlers (Mission 2); Nakamura Kazuhiro–Excerpts from The Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces score; The Sky Crawlers; Rolfyboy8 Productions [USA]

And that's everything. If any of the winners haven't received their certificates yet, please message me.

Dave Watson
AMV Contest Wrangler, N2U 2013
Last edited by eyevocal on Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

xDieguitoAMV
Org Profile

Re: N2U 2013 AMV Contest Winners

Post by xDieguitoAMV » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:43 pm

Congratulations to everybody |:> |:>

pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:24 pm

Cool. Is there a finalists list?

FateTSC
Org Profile

Post by FateTSC » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:13 pm

I was wondering if they have actually played my AMV since I've didn't received any reply after I've sended my AMV's.
Warrior Idol and No Idol Entertainment.
Timmie Ng (You Only Get What you Give)

GeneralGuyAmv
Org Profile

Post by GeneralGuyAmv » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:18 pm

Again runner up ARG! Well, I guess Im gonna have to try with some new amvs now. Gratz to all!

eyevocal
Org Profile

Post by eyevocal » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:36 pm

pan_dbgt01 wrote:Cool. Is there a finalists list?
When I have a bit more time. I'm afraid I'm busy with a lot of other stuff at the moment.

Watson, AMVs, N2U 2013.

eyevocal
Org Profile

Post by eyevocal » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:38 pm

FateTSC wrote:I was wondering if they have actually played my AMV since I've didn't received any reply after I've sended my AMV's.
Warrior Idol and No Idol Entertainment.
Both of them got played. For the first time, due to time constraints, I had to drop a few entries from the final showing. I'll be acknowledging them in the full post, when I'm able to finish it.

Watson, AMVs, N2U 2013.

MelMuff
Org Profile

Post by MelMuff » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:49 pm

Congrats to the winners. My fav was the "I Just Has Sex" AMV. :D
In the name of the moon, I'll punish you!

eyevocal
Org Profile

Post by eyevocal » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:55 pm

Finally added the full playlist. Sorry for the wait.

Watson, AMVs, N2U 2013.

SprinkleSprankles
Org Profile

Post by SprinkleSprankles » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:25 pm

eyevocal wrote:15. My Eternal Light; Future World Music–“Eternal Light”; Wolf Children; Sprinkle Sprankles [USA]
What does it mean if a video was in bold? xD

Return to “AMV Contests”