Green Video in Vegas

loolool2
Org Profile

Green Video in Vegas

Post by loolool2 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:07 am

Hey guy, I've been trying to convert .mkv files to a usable format in vegas 12 pro for a few hours now and I think I've almost got it. I run the video through mvkextract and mp4box to get a lossless mp4, and up to this point everything is fine, I can still view the video in vlc and everything, the issue is comes when I import it into vegas. Upon importing the video I can hear the audio fine, but all I get in terms of video is a dark green screen. I tried following this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc4YwhHgis4), but to no avail. I was wondering if any of you guys had this issue / how you fixed it.

Begi
Org Profile

Re: Green Video in Vegas

Post by Begi » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:20 am

First off, I recommend using nothing other than Vdub to convert. Vdub is a nifty program that allows you to convert video files.
Secondly, I would never use anything other than loseless or uncompressed AVI files when editing in Vegas. Many glitches occur when using other types of video formats and make editing difficult.

So I would recommend downloading the AMV App. (http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... mvapp.html). It will come with all the tools necessary to make your videos look a lot better and make overall editing easier. Once you download the video you're going to need read the through this guide in order to fully learn how to use Vdub. It is a little more of a process having to go through this guide, but at some point down the line, it's strongly suggested that you do.

Begi
Org Profile

Post by Begi » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:21 am

once you download the app* sorry about that lol

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:41 am

Wow, this question got missed...anyways, DO NOT DOWLOAD AMV APP! It was a great idea but it's so out of date it causes more problems than it fixes (especially with 10 bit videos). From the sound of the original problem, the video is probably 10 bit and thus will not work unless you convert it to a lossless AVI. What you need is VirtualDub, AviSynth, and either FFmpegSource or L-SMASH-Works. My tutorials (listed in my signature) may be of assistance if you need help setting them up and getting them to work.

Side note; AMVapp has a good list of filters and software for editors to use. I would recommend looking at what is in it, then download the newest version you can find of most everything it has (via Google).
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Return to “Video & Audio Help”