R2 DVD suddenly has "No Data"

Kazemon15
Org Profile

R2 DVD suddenly has "No Data"

Post by Kazemon15 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:11 pm

Hello, Im not sure what's going on here...but I opened one of my Japanese boxsets (a boxset I haven't ripped for a few years) and my computer couldn't read it. I check the properties of the disc and my computer acts like there's no disc in the DVD drive at all....so I pop it into my region free DVD player, the player says "No Disc." They played perfectly fine before and I have ripped them before.

Does anyone know what's going on? It happened to the entire boxset (Reborn Bullet Boxset, 8 discs, episodes 1-33). All 8 discs say the same thing... I popped in my other Boxsets, they play fine. I also noticed it started on my Reborn Varia singles as well, most specifically, DVD Battle 6 is the same way. I really hope these DVDs didn't become defective. Is there anyway to save them?

Thanks.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Re: R2 DVD suddenly has "No Data"

Post by l33tmeatwad » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:46 am

I would say check near the center of the disc for cracks or disc rot, it is possible for discs to go bad.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:04 am

I researched disc rot and it doesn't seem like my DVDs have that. As for scratches, there are no scratches at all. I've only ripped them once before and then put them away. What else do you think could be wrong? Sorry for the late reply. life caught up and thanks for replying.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:59 pm

Aside from checking to see if the disc is warped, rotted, cracked, scratched, and having tired it in multiple drives, I'm not sure what else you can try to look for. It's not entirely impossible for a disc to "lose data", but it is extremely rare and is usually the result of manufacturing defects.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Return to “Video & Audio Help”