Little Things You Hate

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Re: Little Things You Hate

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:00 pm

Ileia wrote:Speaking from experience in retail, it's people quitting because the job is shitty, not that they're incompetent. It's more likely that they got a better job. The only people that keep a job in retail are those that have no other options for the time-being. >_>

When I said incompetence i meant that of the management in this particular store... Some retail jobs aren't as bad as others... I understand what you are saying though, since I'm one of those who have no other options.

slimed
Org Profile

Post by slimed » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:42 pm

whenever i'm away at school and my mom takes the liberty of digging through my wardrobe and washing (ruining) my clothes. especially when they're expensive brands :x

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:31 am

When you write people off and months later they start trying to act friendly like nothing was ever wrong.
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

Hiro The Dragon King
Org Profile

Post by Hiro The Dragon King » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:42 pm

My mother, a bit. She committed many atrocities over the course of my brother's and my life. But she wants to help. And she has helped a lot. But sometimes when she helps unannounced, she does something stupid. One time, she came over to my house when my washer wasn't working and took some clothes to wash. She didn't check my pockets and lost my Pokéwalker. More upsetting than the fact that she lost something that was irreplaceable, was that she was the one that drilled it into my head that you have to check pockets before doing laundry.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:32 pm

I can't seem to find the one that used to be on the Nintendo shop but there is this:

http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Nintendo- ... B003EMT4LM

http://www.ebay.com/sch/?_from=R40&_trk ... Categories

Most of them are probably going to be $15 and up because Nintendo's shop used to sell them for $8

I lost my pokewalker at one point and had to replace it but then I found it and now I technically have 2.

slimed
Org Profile

Post by slimed » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:50 am

memorization-based exams. my ethics class is horrible. it's three hours long and we watch a movie each class totaling four movies per exam.

at the end of the movies the professors reads off his opinion on the movies to take notes on, and (roughly) relates them back to one of the theories in the textbook (that he wrote himself; which is required for this gen ed). other than needing to memorize a bunch of definitions word for word and facts about the movies, there's an essay question where students get the opportunity to parrot back his opinion on one of the movies and relate them to a theory (the relation to the theory also has to be through his own interpretation which he addresses along with his opinions in the notes), and you need to memorize an astronomical amount of information about the theory for the essay. the kicker is that he doesn't tell you what movie or theory is going to be on the test so you have to memorize all of them. it's horrible and the class average for every exam is below ~50 and there's no grading curve. :book:

i've somehow passed all of the exams in this class thus far and i show up to every class (unlike most of the students) and put effort towards learning the material and the first time i go to ask the professor a question via email he responds with: "you've gotta be kidding me joel! you have always seemed behind in this class." can't wait to get my grades back for this semester and leave this du a shitty review.

Hiro The Dragon King
Org Profile

Post by Hiro The Dragon King » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:39 am

The problem wasn't replacing the Pokewalker itself, but my poor Aipom who'd been walking with me for over a year, and hadn't been updated with my copy of Heart Gold in months. And she lost it just as I was starting to play Heart Gold again. It was something my then girlfriend (now fiancée) and I had bought together, and she, my friend, Dan, and I all played together for months, keeping up with all of the events. When my fiancée and I started having issues for a while, I stopped playing, so it was nice to pick it up again. My mom killed that.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:20 am

ah so it was all the progress (and feels)? There is a way to get the pokemon back though O.o

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:20 am

Either way, sorry, that sucks D:

FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:34 am

My job. Why is so difficult to work in a TV channel? That's my world...
Oooh, right, only rich people can work there, even camera men...right.
Stupid country.

Return to “General Discussion”