The Vent Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Post by FarmXD » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:31 pm

Kimberly wrote:@Farm
Well isn't it better to try and talk to someone instead of not at all?
Of course but he has to be carefull about it...people is dangerous out there

Ambiati
Org Profile

Post by Ambiati » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:35 pm

Staying away from people is another thing but it bothers me when people have a problem with me or someone else but don't feel the need to directly come and talk to me instead of being all judgmental and not giving me a chance. :P

FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:41 pm

Anyway, Cathatesyou, you should try it out, it's better do something and try
again and again than do nothing. So go for it.

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:41 pm

Ambiati wrote:Staying away from people is another thing but it bothers me when people have a problem with me or someone else but don't feel the need to directly come and talk to me instead of being all judgmental and not giving me a chance. :P
Isn't that what I'm also trying to say though, in a sense? Saying that everybody is unapproachable without even trying to talk to them is also judging the person without giving them a chance.
ImageImage

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:44 pm

Kimberly wrote:Everybody can seem like they're unapproachable, until you actually try to talk to them.
Yeap, pretty much. I've become friends with people with whom I had bad first impressions of (and vice versa). It all depends on your outlook. Personally, I've moved around a ton of times in my life (imagine having your first day of school three times a year, with an all new cast every time). If you make an effort, it shows. If you assume (and expect) the worst, that's probably what you're gonna get. If you're thinking "So-and-so doesn't like me and they don't even KNOW me.", well, guess what? You don't know them either, so it's possible that you're wrong.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Ambiati
Org Profile

Post by Ambiati » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:51 pm

Kimberly wrote:
Ambiati wrote:Staying away from people is another thing but it bothers me when people have a problem with me or someone else but don't feel the need to directly come and talk to me instead of being all judgmental and not giving me a chance. :P
Isn't that what I'm also trying to say though, in a sense? Saying that everybody is unapproachable without even trying to talk to them is also judging the person without giving them a chance.
Yeah, it is. But it's more like, when people give off this "I don't want to talk to you" and "You're annoying" vibe, then I feel like it's best to just stay away from them. Although even after that, I'm nice to everyone so I hope that calms them down.

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:59 pm

Ambiati wrote:
Kimberly wrote:
Yeah, it is. But it's more like, when people give off this "I don't want to talk to you" and "You're annoying" vibe, then I feel like it's best to just stay away from them. Although even after that, I'm nice to everyone so I hope that calms them down.
Ah yeah, of course. Though I think it wouldn't hurt to try and have one conversation with them. If they still show they're uninterested, then it's their loss!
ImageImage

Ambiati
Org Profile

Post by Ambiati » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:09 pm

Yeah, true. Thanks! (:

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:12 pm

In a lot of cases, those seemingly unapproachable people are introverts. Generally they don't like small talk, but if you walked up to them and said something like "Hi, my name is <name.> What makes you tick?" you might be surprised at the response. I know because I am one, and generally I don't like small talk, but I love conversations. It's not that we're unfriendly, we just have to choose wisely where we spend our "social budget."

slimed
Org Profile

Post by slimed » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:22 pm

MycathatesyouAMV wrote:Nobody seems approachable in my classes.
do you think you seem more approachable or any more friendly than anyone else?? i have the same problem but i recognize that i'm just socially inept. you can't expect people to go out of their way to talk to you first if you yourself don't go out of your way to talk to other people first. and you can't make friends if you don't at least try (which is why i have no friends). clubs seem to be a good designated way to make friends so maybe you could join something you're interested in. my 2 cents

Return to “General Discussion”