help with virtual dub

wontonsilver
Org Profile

help with virtual dub

Post by wontonsilver » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:42 pm

hi everyone , im trying my best to convert my sd anime draft to hd with virtual dub but i have no idea how to use an avisynth script on virtual dub to upscale to 720p or 1080p , ive been trying to use the member on amv l33tmeatwad's upacaling technique but it doesnt seem to be working , any help would be much appreciated :D

Replay Studios
A Studio Within A Studio
Org Profile

Re: help with virtual dub

Post by Replay Studios » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:42 pm

if your just using meatwad's script for upscaling then make sure you have the plugins he provides in the avisynth plugin folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins

then make sure in your script you have it typed right
example:
AviSource("video.avi").animeupscale(strength=2,widescreen=true)

wontonsilver
Org Profile

Post by wontonsilver » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:54 pm

thanks for your response , i realised that i had not been using the right compressor for the script . meatwads script is great , the only problem is that when i try to encode akira in 720 p with the script it says it will take several days ,do you have any suggestions? i would really appreciate it

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:07 am

wontonsilver wrote:thanks for your response , i realised that i had not been using the right compressor for the script . meatwads script is great , the only problem is that when i try to encode akira in 720 p with the script it says it will take several days ,do you have any suggestions? i would really appreciate it
The script does take time so I would recommend only using it for clips you need. Also, if you are using Akira I would HIGHLY recommend getting the Blu-ray instead of upscaling as the quality would be much better and it would be quicker & easier to work with.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Return to “Video & Audio Help”