POKEMON

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Org Profile

Re: POKEMON

Post by FarmXD » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:47 am

I finally got a Ditto guy....but they never show their face.
Those bloody whores...

FarmXD
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:19 pm

Ok, a friend has a Mega Alakazam and I can't take it down because of the
monstrous speed stat...how do you beat it? xD I used a Protean Greninja combo
but it only worked one time thanks to the surprise factor. What are your
recommendations for this newbie in Pokemon xy? :P

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:04 pm

Almost anything with sucker punch and good enough attack, anybody which stabs shadow sneak with a good enough attack, any strong unresisted physical priority, faster mons with strong physical stabs/supereffecive moves, and bulky mons with strong physical stabs/supereffective moves which don't take SE damage from Mega Alakazam.
Good sucker punches include (mega)absol, cacturne, toxicroak, and most prominently Mega Kangaskhan (breaks the sub, in case he tries to play smart).
STAB Shadow sneak is an easy feat for physical protean greninja and aegislash (surely the latter, maybe not the former but I doubt it'd miss the OHKO), to name a few.
Strong enough physical priorities include swords dance (mega)scizor bullet punch (cb scizor has "only" a 50% chance to OHKO, and with entry hazard pseudo-immunity through magic guard, that requires weather damage after the megaevo to nab the KO for sure), belly drum azumarill aqua jet (or PuP splash plate at +2), gale wings talonflame flying move of choice (most likely brave bird), and many other strong physical mons with life orb/choice band and a priority, assuming they got a +2 atk baton passed.
Faster mons include only a couple scarfed threats, assuming there's no tailwind/thunder wave support: adamant scarf terrakion stone edge/x-scissor, and adamant choice scarf garchomp earthquake/outrage. Other scarfed threats are not fast enough or powerful enough to manage the OHKO.
For bulky mons I don't feel like running calcs, but maybe a standard choice azumarill can do it with waterfall, just to name a possible option.

This is assuming singles.
In doubles, the options increase, as many more mons can easily nab the OHKO with a physical priority assuming a helping hand/self swagger boost, or just some little previous damage courtesy of a fake out or whatever.

You can also neuter its speed with a bulky mon which can set up a trick room for you and then makes way for a slow, powerful trick room sweeper to do its work; this should be doable in doubles, most likely.
Or, instead of trick room, you could set up tailwind/thunderwave it and laugh at it.

Another, gimmicky, way is to just use a focus sash/sturdy mon which can ko it with a physical move after surviving the first hit somehow. This includes F.E.A.R. Rattata and Aron.

Jadecavy
Org Profile

Post by Jadecavy » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:47 pm

Mega Mawile best sucker punch user. Fragile but absurd base attack with huge power.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:30 am

Well, Mega Mawile does have the highest unboosted attack in the game. I forgot it learns sucker punch. :uhoh:

FarmXD
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:31 am

Well, Mega Kangaskhan can't beat the speed of that bastard even with his IV/EV trained,
so everytime I send it to battle, Mega Alakazam uses Focus Blast and the mother of the year dies.
Scizor could work, I just finished it's training yesterday but didn't try it against Mega Alakazam yet.
My Scizor is technician, so I guess Bullet Punch can work better...Mega Mawile sounds like a good
option too but I never trained a Mawlie before. I should try Azumarrill, everyone recommends it but
I prefer my protean Greninja as my water poke.

I have a Gengar too, but not mega. It's also
my first time using Gengar in all generations xD ...yup, never tried ghost pokemon more than
Aegislash and Chandelure. Could be a good option too??

Jadecavy
Org Profile

Post by Jadecavy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:03 pm

FarmXD wrote:Well, Mega Kangaskhan can't beat the speed of that bastard even with his IV/EV trained,
so everytime I send it to battle, Mega Alakazam uses Focus Blast and the mother of the year dies.
Sucker Punch. Teach it sucker punch.

FarmXD
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:42 am

Well, yesterday Mirko was expecting a Sucker punch Kanga :P xD

megaman917
Org Profile

Post by megaman917 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:24 am

I'm surprised no one posted this.

The Updated PokeRap!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRM0-FT0tUA
"If you're not cheating, you're not trying!" - R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero (1967 - 2005)
Through tragedy, she found triumph. R.I.P. Coretta Scott King (1927 - 2006)
Long live the "King of Pop"! R.I.P. Michael Jackson (1958 - 2009)

FarmXD
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:18 am

Ahahahahaha

Return to “General Discussion”